Nermal
Jul 17, 2004, 08:32 PM
Another "lake" that isn't normally there:

Nermal
Jul 17, 2004, 08:33 PM
Try driving through this :eek:

Nermal
Jul 17, 2004, 08:34 PM
There's been a big slip on the hill, it doesn't look so big from this angle but it's the only pic I have.

Nermal
Jul 17, 2004, 08:35 PM
And what's a set of flood photos without an entire street submerged?

Nermal
Jul 17, 2004, 08:37 PM
I have some more photos too, if anyone wants to see more. Plus I'm heading over to the beach soon (it's not far from here), and might take some more :)

Neserk
Jul 17, 2004, 08:38 PM
We are burning in the West. Nature is weird!

Nermal
Jul 17, 2004, 08:43 PM
Your rain has obviously decided to travel southwest, over to us :rolleyes:

Or maybe our heat's gone northeast?

musicpyrite
Jul 17, 2004, 09:02 PM
We are burning in the West. Nature is weird!

It's called g-l-o-b-a-l w-a-r-m-i-n-g.

I went to Boston today and it was 92

You'd think I was living in the north. :rolleyes:

(although some people will dissagree, and say the north is not MA)

Macmaniac
Jul 17, 2004, 09:10 PM
We had flooding in Burlington County of NJ, a dam broke and more rain fell in two hours then usually falls in a month. Luckily I'm in central jersey, I feel bad for people down there.

Nermal
Jul 18, 2004, 01:36 AM
As if flooding wasn't enough, we had some small earthquakes earlier this afternoon. And, to top it off, the power went off half an hour ago. Just came on again a few minutes ago.

Nermal
Jul 18, 2004, 01:40 AM
....and another earthquake! :eek:

Kwyjibo
Jul 18, 2004, 09:00 AM
darn, i thought this was gonna be a thread about those cool pants that don't cover your ankles .... j/j

Neserk
Jul 18, 2004, 09:04 AM
Your rain has obviously decided to travel southwest, over to us :rolleyes:

Or maybe our heat's gone northeast?

This is my 5th summer in CA and only 1 summer have we had any rain (last summer) so I'm guessing it isn't from us ;) BUt maybe from Orgeon/WAshington!

We also get hot summers. It has been a cooler summer than usual. It didn't get hot until last week. It will be interesting to see if it stays hotter longer into the fall...

Neserk
Jul 18, 2004, 09:05 AM
....and another earthquake! :eek:

In the 4 years I've been in CA I've felt 3 earthquakes. Pretty cool :D None big, of course. That wouldn't be cool!

Nermal
Jul 18, 2004, 05:32 PM
Small earthquakes are quite common here. They're very small, most of the time I don't even notice them. But I definitely felt yesterday's ones!

Counterfit
Jul 18, 2004, 11:19 PM
The only time my street could be actually flooded (and I mean submerged under nearly still water, not just because of blocked storm drains) would be after several hundred feet of rain. Living on a hill is handy :D

Doctor Q
Jul 19, 2004, 01:25 AM
I took this photo last week in Ellicott City, outside of Baltimore. Note the marks on the vertical post. The one at the top says "1972, 14.5 ft." and it shows the high water mark from a flood that year. I really can't imagine a river being 14+ feet higher than regular ground level, but it must have been devastating for those with homes in the area.

sethypoo
Jul 19, 2004, 01:31 AM
I went to Boston today and it was 92

It's called s-u-m-m-e-r. Welcome to it!

Nermal
Jul 19, 2004, 02:29 AM
The only time my street could be actually flooded (and I mean submerged under nearly still water, not just because of blocked storm drains) would be after several hundred feet of rain. Living on a hill is handy :D

My house is on a small rise, so it didn't flood. But it's only about 1.5 metres up, so a LOT* of rain could be a problem.

As for living on a hill, we've had a couple of houses slip down :eek:

* Actually, the water depth is probably a little over a metre, down the other end of town. I haven't been down there, but saw it on the news, people are kayaking around in it :rolleyes: