PDA

View Full Version : Uable to download full size of iphone SDK.

sindhur8
Oct 14, 2009, 12:27 AM
Hi,

I tried several times to download the iphone SDK from Apple developer connection , but i'm able to download 7KB instead of the 2.7GB.

i think for sure there are people who have already faced this problem...........
please share your experiences to help me out?

what is the speed of the internet connection required??
I'm located in India and trying to download from here only...........

Please help me out..............

g3funk
Oct 14, 2009, 09:50 AM
Sindhur8 I just gave it a whirl on my new laptop and it seems to work fairly well. Do you have access to another pipe from maybe a friends house or perhaps somewhere open (coffee / tea house)? Give it a whirl and get back to us because it is beneficial for all of us to know if our Indian friends are unable to d/l the SDK

aatif
Apr 9, 2011, 11:30 AM
yes I am also facing this problem, I try to download iOS SDK on Windows but it returns only a file of 141 MB, which actually is 4.14 GB on Mac/Safari.

dejo
Apr 9, 2011, 05:07 PM
yes I am also facing this problem, I try to download iOS SDK on Windows but it returns only a file of 141 MB, which actually is 4.14 GB on Mac/Safari.
Why are you trying to download the SDK on Windows? It won't run on Windows.

aatif
Apr 10, 2011, 03:13 AM
Why are you trying to download the SDK on Windows? It won't run on Windows.

Thanks Dejo, but downloading on Windows doesn't mean that it will also be run on Windows :)

I do have a MacBook but my Windows PC got a faster internet connection, so I tried to download the 4+ GB package from there ...

I faced this problem on IE, but interestingly, it returns the same 4.14 GB file on Chrome Browser on Windows 7.

dejo
Apr 10, 2011, 01:22 PM
I do have a MacBook but my Windows PC got a faster internet connection, so I tried to download the 4+ GB package from there ...
How will you then transfer it from the PC to your MacBook? Are these extra steps really worth the speed improvement?

I faced this problem on IE, but interestingly, it returns the same 4.14 GB file on Chrome Browser on Windows 7.
So, the problem is with IE then?

aatif
Apr 11, 2011, 12:52 AM
How will you then transfer it from the PC to your MacBook? Are these extra steps really worth the speed improvement?

I'll carry that .dmg in an 8GB Data Traveler. Let me save you one question that portable flash drive is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS :)

The size problem with IE is still there ...

Sykte
Apr 11, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'll carry that .dmg in an 8GB Data Traveler. Let me save you one question that portable flash drive is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS :)

The size problem with IE is still there ...

You may want to try and use a download manager.

I'm intrigued what type of connection does your macbook have. It should have a wired/wireless connection.