PDA

View Full Version : wolfenstein help

jelloshotsrule
Jul 19, 2002, 02:03 PM
at the end of the second level, where there's that huge goblin monster type guy.... and he shoots those ghosts out that get all up on you and suck your power down quick.....

how does one beat his ass? i'm sure there's a trick to it, but i can't figure it out...

what the #*$*??

AlphaTech
Jul 19, 2002, 02:16 PM
Have you looked for any guides online yet??? Try going here (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,913853,00.html) and see if that helps. :D

jelloshotsrule
Jul 19, 2002, 02:30 PM
hmm. went there and found the cheats/guides but couldn't find anything about how to beat that fool....

blackpeter
Jul 19, 2002, 02:31 PM
I'm with Jello... I'm stuck on that fat bastard.

AlphaTech
Jul 19, 2002, 02:31 PM
If you want to do it the hard way, go out and pick up the guide. If you want to do it the free way, then 'cheat'. :D

jelloshotsrule
Jul 19, 2002, 02:42 PM
ahhh, i'm not paying to find out. that's for sure.

i'm not looking for cheats like all guns and full ammo. i just want to know what the trick is to that fat ass.

AlphaTech
Jul 19, 2002, 02:54 PM
Just keep shooting him... It has been a while since I played the game, so I don't remember how I killed him... You also might want to load up on health and such. :D

jelloshotsrule
Jul 19, 2002, 02:57 PM
so you're saying i don't want to just run up to him and do nothing and let him kill me without trying to retain my health? dang! well, i sure am glad i posted here so as to get the help......

i kept shooting his sorry fat ass for a long time, staying alive as long as possible.... and nothing. just glad to know i'm not the only one.

Mr. Anderson
Jul 19, 2002, 03:10 PM
which wolfenstein are you playing, the newest one?

I've picked the box up a couple times and never walked out of the store with it - is it worth it?

D

jelloshotsrule
Jul 19, 2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
which wolfenstein are you playing, the newest one?
I've picked the box up a couple times and never walked out of the store with it - is it worth it?

yeah, the newest.

well, having played the first few levels of both wolfenstein and medal of honor, i'd say medal of honor is a bit better. but they are both quite cool. moh has a couple cool gameplay aspects that make it seems a bit more realistic.

basically though, it's just up to what type of games you like. if you like those type, by all means, it's worth it. if not, stick with civ 3 (i haven't played it at all this summer, how sad)

Durandal7
Jul 19, 2002, 03:13 PM
In the old Wolfenstein there would be a room (maybe secret) nearby the big guys. The room is full of health so you run up to the big guy and shoot him, then run back to the room and collect health bonuses while he shoots you. I'm not sure about the new one but that may be your best bet.

AlphaTech
Jul 19, 2002, 03:14 PM
The end is a bit anti-climatic if you ask me. You get all worked up, kill this big, bad dude, and that is it. :rolleyes: They could have at least let you have a woman at the end. :eek: :eek: :D

MOHAA is a [much] better game, if you ask me. At least there you don't have any supernatural ****ers to fight, just nazi's to kill. :D

Ummmm, I mean nazi's to 'retire' (perminently and with extreme prejudice). :D

macabre
Jul 19, 2002, 03:44 PM
I killed him about a month ago and the sniper rifle worked the best. Stand in the opening of the wall at the top of the hole and shoot at him untill you see the ghosties coming at you and then run like heck back down into the room at the bottom of the hole. Most of the time the gosts wont get you.

topicolo
Jul 19, 2002, 04:05 PM
all i did was pump him as full of lead as I could and when he started to shoot those ghost thingys, I just ran and hid behind a pillar. When he finished, I'd pop back out and fill his fat ass with more lead until he runs over. When he does that, just run to the other side. Concentrate on not getting hit, then fill him with hot lead when you get the time.

vitruvius
Jul 19, 2002, 04:13 PM
u can take a look at

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/

they have some nice walkthrus in there, look at the Single Player submenu

I already finished, that game really kick @ss!!

:D

job
Jul 20, 2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule well, having played the first few levels of both wolfenstein and medal of honor, i'd say medal of honor is a bit better. but they are both quite cool. moh has a couple cool gameplay aspects that make it seems a bit more realistic.

basically though, it's just up to what type of games you like. if you like those type, by all means, it's worth it. if not, stick with civ 3 (i haven't played it at all this summer, how sad)

I think the ending of MoH:AA was kind of weak. The whole game itself was great but there was no real concete storyline, just a loose set of missions.

On the other hand RtCW has a very steeped storyline, but is a bit over the top at times. Like on of the developers at Gray Matter said : "It's like X-Files meets the Second World War."

If you want something to make ou jump out of your seat, play RtCW (specifically the catacomb missions early on) at around midnight on the hardest level setting. Woo! Good Stuff. :D

topicolo
Jul 23, 2002, 09:00 AM
yeah, damn straight! that catatomb mission was freaky. The worst part was coming out with no life and getting shot in the head by one of those hot elite guards :-). Seriously though, I think only Undying topped it in the horror department.

job
Jul 23, 2002, 12:17 PM
yeah, undying takes the cake, but the catacomb missions come a close second for scare factor. :D

i remember one part where I had 8HP, no rounds for the mp40 and only 20 odd rounds for the Mauser and I was facing two normal zombies and a zombie knight. then two more came out of the floor as I was backing up. holy.....!!

thank god for grenades. :D :D

I found that using the sten, especially for headshots worked well against the elite guard. :)