Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi Folks,

I have the 17" ASDisplay attached to my PM G4 MMD. It looks and works perfect. Love it. I use this machine for video capture so I don't need screen real estate.

Fast forward to yesterday - I ordered a new mac pro and need to connect it to my KVM switch which means I need to remove the G5 from that switch.

No biggee - I found another 17" ASDisplay. But i thought i better check with my own first before committing to buy.

It connects to the ACD side of the graphics card (nvidia Gfx 5200 or along that line - stock card for this model), but everything has a green due to it.

I thought about running a colour calibration, but I can unplug it and attach it to the my PMG4 and of course, it looks fine.

Any ideas on where the problem is????

Cheers,
Keebler

Dr.Pants

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
If your monitor works fine on the G4 and not the G5, then its the G5 that most likely has the issue. The graphics car is most likely boned on that port - check with another monitor that would attach to the DVI port to see if the card really is not-going-to-work. Maybe clean out dust in the card and try again - if it keeps giving you a green-screen, I would try and get a new graphics card for the G5.

Of course, this is assuming its a hardware issue. If you can pop in an OS CD and the machine is able to display the installer GUI, then its a driver issue, most likely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.