Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris7777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
I have been researching a bit recently since my laptops hard drive died, and made me realize how much I use it.

I was thinking about how handhelds and netbooks are growing more sophisticated, and with all of the rumors about the tablet, I thought what would I use it for?

it depends obviouslly, on several factors.

OS and how robust it is.
And whether it is OSX or iphone on steroids.

battery life. and whether it can go a full day.

connectivity. I use a wacom, I am not sure if touch screen could get that kind of detail, but who knows.

Size, is it big enough to be useful? but not so big I won't carry it.

and value in the price.

I know what my dreammachine is, but doubt that will happen till I have the money to have one of those made for me.

But I can think of lots of things, I would use it for, if it has the capability.

I could even switch totally to one I think, but not sure if we will get that.

But anyway, I am curious, if it is capable, what would you do with your tablet , if you could?

or what do you think would make for a better mobile device?

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
Its hard to say, as I imagine the apple tablet will redefine what we think of tablet computing completely. I think its going to be the ultimate on the go device (obviously) but I can't even imagine how I would use it until I see it.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance I'll get one regardless of what it ends up being.

CrazyIllini

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2009
I picture a Apple tablet to be something like the Archos devices.

That being said I would primarily use it for watching movies. At its size it might be good for studying (I'm a student) or web browsing. I could also see potential as it being a gaming device.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
havent used my hard drive in 6 months. (although i did play call of duty 4 last week)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.