Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
I'm trying to get certain bills to carry over from month to month but I'm having trouble. I add each bill as recurring for a few months but nothing ever carries over to the next month.

WishIWasHere

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
Haven't had that problem myself, but not to worry, Return7 will surely be along shortly to help you figure it out.

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I'm trying to get certain bills to carry over from month to month but I'm having trouble. I add each bill as recurring for a few months but nothing ever carries over to the next month.

Hi LSUTigers. I think there's confusion about how recurring works. BillMinder does not (yet?) support an end date for recurring bills. Please go to the bill list and tap on the current month's bill you want to recur. Now tap Recurring, choose Not Recurring and tap Done in the top right. Next, Tap Recurring again, choose 1 month (if you want the bill to recur each month) and tap Done in the top right. Now tap the back button in the to left to go back to the bills list and you should be good to go. You need to do this for each bill in question. The Recurring option is the recurring period, not the length of time the bill should recur for. Hope that helps. :)

birchfield

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
Billminder Question

I am a bit new to computers ... never mind Billminder. However, I want to adapt Billminder to record rents (recurring of course), due from tenants each month

Is there a help facility anywhere ?

Specifically, I havent grasped the 'history' payment view. What does the exclamation and tick icons signify ? When a tenant pays short, why is 'paid' status indicated, (when it still remains partially due) ?

Thanks .... seems a great app if only I could see the obvious !

Steve

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I am a bit new to computers ... never mind Billminder. However, I want to adapt Billminder to record rents (recurring of course), due from tenants each month

Is there a help facility anywhere ?

Specifically, I havent grasped the 'history' payment view. What does the exclamation and tick icons signify ? When a tenant pays short, why is 'paid' status indicated, (when it still remains partially due) ?

Thanks .... seems a great app if only I could see the obvious !

Steve

1) http://forums.return7.com or support@return7.com
2) Exclamation means past due
3) What do you mean by tick icon? There's a calendar and that means upcoming, if that's what you're referring to.
4) If they've paid part of the rent, you'll see a checkmark that is partially green. On the bills tab you can tap "Paid" to see the paid portion and "Unpaid" to see the unpaid portion of their rent.

Please expect slightly longer response times as my wife and I just had our first baby.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.