Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tweeam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
because Apple likes to hold their events after current promotions run out? :)

http://www.apple.com/promo/

The September event was right after the Back-To-School promotion finished and I'm GUESSING that the next event will be after the printer promotion finishes (it also gets a slight jump on Windows 7 but that is neither here nor there)

Thoughts? And just for fun, anyone care to make a wager? :D

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Good find. Printer, iWork and MobileMe promos all end in 19th so at least it's possible. 5 days and we'll see :cool:

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
I like it. It's not like they would overshadow the 22d release of Windows 7 unless they released something truly shocking, but doing it just AFTER the release would be inconceivable.

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom

http://www.apple.com/promo/

The September event was right after the Back-To-School promotion finished and I'm GUESSING that the next event will be after the printer promotion finishes (it also gets a slight jump on Windows 7 but that is neither here nor there)

Thoughts? And just for fun, anyone care to make a wager? :D

Nice find, it may be the 20th!

Definitely some coincendences to think about with rebates and prior history. :cool:

I wonder if they may wait till after the Windows 7 release, doubt it, but I wonder...

nickXedge

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Long Island
Seems very plausible to me. Way to connect the dots, that is, if you're right. Otherwise you're superstitious. So far, I agree with you though.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
AFAIK, the only precedent for that is the "Back to School" iPod promo.

The printer/MobileMe/iWork promos end regularly and are always immediately renewed. :confused:

Tweeam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
AFAIK, the only precedent for that is the "Back to School" iPod promo.

The printer/MobileMe/iWork promos end regularly and are always immediately renewed. :confused:

I never thought about that, I just noticed the printer rebate some time ago (during the Back to School iPod promo) and figured the next event would happen after this one ended. However, my logic wouldn't apply if the printer rebate is in fact renewed immediately after :-(

Here's hoping it's the 20th anyways :) btw, you should have bet me ;-)

Pak^Man

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
Columbus, OH
Nice find, it may be the 20th!

Definitely some coincendences to think about with rebates and prior history. :cool:

I wonder if they may wait till after the Windows 7 release, doubt it, but I wonder...

Hmmmm, IMHO post-Windows-7 would make more sense.... it would shift all media attention off MS to the new stuff Apple puts out.... crash their party.... but that's just my 2 cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.