Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbean76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
Okay here's the dilemma...I just purchased a new MacBook Pro 13" 2.53MHz/4Gb/250GB. I have an Mbox Pro 2 that I have been using with my 3-4 year old mac mini, tiger OS, Pro Tools 7.3, Logic Ex 8, Garage Band.

I upgraded to Snow Leopard because I could for $10 and then upgraded to Pro Tools 8.0.3pr on the new Mac. Everything seemed to be okay until recently. Heres a run down of my config. Mbox 2 FW400 out to 1TB 7200RPM Ext HD (#1), 1TB Ext HD (#2) FW800 out to HD #1 and FW800 out of HD #1 to Mac. I swear at one point his worked however now it will not recognize my Mbox and I get a "CoreMIDI.Framework" folder bouncing on my dock every time I open PT, Logic Ex, or Garage Band. I have also tried going from Mbox straight to Mac via FW400 to FW800 using 800 to 400 adapter with no joy.

The only thing I can think of that I may have done to induce this is, I was away from my Mbox and wanted to do some editing in Logic Ex, so I changes some settings and now for the life of me I cannot figure this out.

If anyone can follow that and help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks - DB

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
Hey DB,

A couple of things:

1. I don't believe MBoxes are compatible with Snow Leopard running in 64-bit mode. (at least not for me). Make sure you are running in 32-bit mode.

2. There are some legacy midi drivers that have been causing 8.03pr to crash. One is the DigiDio-somethingsomething- driver. Here's a link to a thread with some information about preference files to delete:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=255251

Good luck!

dbean76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
I really don't have any idea of what I have done...now my Mbox 2 pro doesn't even show installed when I click on it in my Systems Preferences.

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
I can't help you much, except to say that Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 and M-box 2 Mini are working for me on Mac Pro 1,1, 32 bit kernel.

I didn't have any other Digidesign stuff on my system at all (I did have PT LE 7 but I did a clean SL install, and didn't reinstall it).

That's all I can tell you.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
It's version 2. The only unsupported hardware is the original MBox.

I'd reinstall Pro Tools in case something happened to your driver.

sorry about the late reply, I'm not using MBox anything but still experiencing some odd sound issues... Think I should revert to regular Leopard. Oh such a hassle :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.