Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supercooled

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Hi, I'm trying to figure out why Windows is refusing to install a one particular program and not others. It's a the connecting program for my Acer EasyStore NAS but midway through the installation, I am told I do not have sufficient "system service" rights.

I have installed games and a sundry of programs and looking through the preferences, I'm not sure what to look for.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm running Win7 Ultimate.

Thanks

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I don't know, it might have something to do with the way Fusion handles the network config, since the VM doesn't have any actual access to the network adapter.

Have you checked with their support?

supercooled

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
I don't know, it might have something to do with the way Fusion handles the network config, since the VM doesn't have any actual access to the network adapter.

Have you checked with their support?

No but it's an idea.

Use "Bridged" mode.

Network is bridged or physically attached. Still no go.

screenshot20091016at113.png

Thanks for the ideas so far.

supercooled

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
That's nothing to do with the network IMO.

Turn UAC off and reattempt the installation of the offending program.

Mike

http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/archive/2006/09/20/763275.aspx

Went through this guide and pretty much disabled every one of the last 9 policies mentioned to no avail. I'm pretty much at my wits end.

Just wished there was a Mac version for Windows Home Server.

EDIT: Found a solution. I tried using RDC (remote desktop client) for Mac and did jogged my memory a little and was able to log into the NAS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.