Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
Anyone know of an iPhone app that allows you to print an e-mail, phot, etc that's on the iPhone directly to a WiFi printer without use of a PC or Mac?

I'm thinking that as teh iPhone and WiFi printer are on the wireless network in my home there might be an app to send the print job from the phone to the printer. I don't really want to leave my Mac booted up all the time.

I've found a couple of apps that do this as long as the Mac (or PC) is running with some middleware. Any app that does this without another computer involved?

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Brand new app Print suppose to be able to print to any printer on any computer (Mac or PC). Looks promising!

emailYasmin

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2009
New York City
Canon has a free App. Works with only Canon printers though.

Y.

Attachments

• canon-iphone-app.jpg
    canon-iphone-app.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 347

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Is this US only? I can't find it in uk. I had iprintapp but it was sketchy and wouldn't ever print correctly

It appears to be US only at the moment, but don't get too excited, it only supports MP560, MP640 or MP990 printers. Nothing else supported, including my comparably ancient MP210...sigh. I've been waiting for ages for Canon to release an app, and now, when they do, it supports 3 printers. Well done Canon.

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Another option you might want to try is ePrint. Try the free version first to test it out. I couldn't get it to work with my MP210 connected to my airport express though. It seems pretty feature rich, if you can get it to work.

chimpboy74

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
Scotland
It appears to be US only at the moment, but don't get too excited, it only supports MP560, MP640 or MP990 printers. Nothing else supported, including my comparably ancient MP210...sigh. I've been waiting for ages for Canon to release an app, and now, when they do, it supports 3 printers. Well done Canon.

Ah ok. Thanks for that I have an MP600R

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.