PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Software Drives New Online Music Offerings

MacBytes
Jul 18, 2004, 08:56 PM
Category: Microsoft
Link: Microsoft Software Drives New Online Music Offerings (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040718215613)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

millhouse_man
Jul 18, 2004, 09:48 PM
"If the offerings catch on, it would mark a victory for Web music providers such as Napster, MusicNow and MusicNet(at)AOL and for Microsoft Corp."

It would mark a victory! Yeah, okay, so now people will just switch from iTunes to other mediocre services such as the new MS service and Napster. So basically, people will go from seamless integration to endless complication.

You've got to be kidding me. This article is a joke, just another "Wait until someone else catches up with Apple, then they'll blow 'em away" article. I would like to find out more about this service from Microsoft and compare it to iTunes. Anyone know anything else about it?

jimsowden
Jul 18, 2004, 11:42 PM
When will FicroMuck learn that while they remain with the market share, they will never make a product better than apple? :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :confused: :o

oreo
Jul 19, 2004, 03:59 AM
I can't see apple losing that much of a market share to this. I can't see people wanting to pay monthly to be able to listen to there songs compared to a one off fee for each song. Also once most people start to use something they usually stick with it. Although m$ will probably intergrate into Longhorn to ensure people have to use it.

winmacguy
Jul 19, 2004, 04:55 AM
I can't see apple losing that much of a market share to this. I can't see people wanting to pay monthly to be able to listen to there songs compared to a one off fee for each song. Also once most people start to use something they usually stick with it. Although m$ will probably intergrate into Longhorn to ensure people have to use it.

In order for people to use an alternative "iPod incompatible" music service they would have to switch from iTunes to one of the others much harder to use services and also get an aditional harder to use MP3 player to play their tracks on ( or go through the process of burning to disk and then re ripping to remove the DRM back into iTunes....NOT!!!!)

Microsoft has lucked out on this one.

Nermal
Jul 19, 2004, 05:15 AM
Exactly. Services that don't support the iPod are failing. I feel sorry for the people who pay money, *then* find out that the world's most popular player isn't supported.

Savage Henry
Jul 19, 2004, 05:24 AM
It just seems typical non-cohesion in Microsoft policy that sits several places along from the dinner table of reality.

I pity the poor unfortunate fools.