PDA

View Full Version : Recent Animated Purchase...

dave1234
Jul 19, 2004, 01:52 AM
When i was a younger lad, i would race home from school every day to watch one of my favorite cartoons, Batman the Animated series, growing up the series had gone through many different forms, each getting farther and farther away from the origina. Just a few weeks ago the first season of the cartoon came out on DVD, and it just goes to show me, that the cartoon that i once watched as a kid, is still enjoyable to watch today (granted i am no 17 years old, have read batman comic books almost my whole life, a self prolaimed geek) I recomend this dvd set (for 38 bucks) to anyone who likes great action, great dynamic stories, well developed cahrecters, and good animation. everything about this DVD set is superb I think, the only gripe i have is the episodes are in production order, not the order they were aired in...so it kinda say good bye to continuty, but that doesnt matter so much since only two episodes are one story. Needless to say, this DVD set, has sparked countless nastolgiv moments.

5300cs
Jul 19, 2004, 07:10 PM
I used to race home and watch 'Galaxy Rangers' .. I loved that show.

I see Batman every once in a while on the cartoon network. The new version or whatever it is now, is kinda cool. It's kind of Dick Tracy-esque; makes me think of 1930s Chicago or something. Very dark and brooding.

You don't like it?