Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amy2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
North Yorkshire, England
Hi,

Does anyone know how to add pages to documents in Adobe Illustrator CS3, I used to use Freehand but it won't load up on Snow Leopard, I was so easy on Freehand and seems impossible on Illustrator.

Thank you
Amy :)

Amy2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
North Yorkshire, England
Ah I thought CS4 would have it, I'll try InDesign and see if I can figure that one out. It's for my final year uni project, so was wanting to use something I was familiar with like Freehand.

I've created a logo for the company i've had to come up with for the project, i made in Illustrator, but when I just copy and paste the logo into InDesign the quality isn't so good, it all becomes at bit frayed. Is there a way to export just the logo with no white background, so it can be placed on anything?

Thank you

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Ah I thought CS4 would have it, I'll try InDesign and see if I can figure that one out. It's for my final year uni project, so was wanting to use something I was familiar with like Freehand.

I've created a logo for the company i've had to come up with for the project, i made in Illustrator, but when I just copy and paste the logo into InDesign the quality isn't so good, it all becomes at bit frayed. Is there a way to export just the logo with no white background, so it can be placed on anything?

Thank you

If you designed the logo in Illustrator, then you just need to place that Illustrator file into InDesign and it won't have a background unless you created one in Illustrator. No need to export as anything different, you just need to get it into InDesign properly.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas

Thank you

Just place the AI file in InDesign.

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
You cannot directly add pages to Illustrator CS3, but you can user layers as they would be individaul pages.

There is also a plugin that will do the same thing: HotDoor Multipage

palette.gif

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003

1. As others have said, you can save the logo as an .ai file and "place" it into InDesign.

2. Alternatively, you can drag the vector logo from the Illustrator window to the InDesign document. It becomes a non-linked InDesign object which means you can edit and colorize it within InDesign.

3. Copy from Illustrator CS3 and paste into InDesign CS3 works the same as "2" above.

P.S. InDesign is best suited for multiple pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.