PDA

View Full Version : No multitasking with Airport Express ?

Tomaz
Jul 19, 2004, 03:55 AM
I read the following on the french Mac site macbidouille:

"My girlfriend is a macophile too -- she was having "range" problems with her Airport Extreme base station, and when the Airport Express was announced, was one of the many who ordered it "then end there". She got it yesterday, and the iTunes piece worked OK (any glitch requires iTunes in the Mac to be restarted); but the real killer is that when it is delivering iTunes to her stereo, it STOPS being a network range extension device; it is either on or the other. She spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple tech support before this was "revealed". I may just be naive about the technological aspects -- but this is a complete bummer no matter how you look at it."

Can anyone who already got his/her Airport Express confirm this? No internet while listening to music?? This would really be a disappointment !!! :( :mad:

edit: spelling

JFreak
Jul 19, 2004, 05:08 AM
(from www.apple.com/airportexpress/airtunes.html)

If you already have a wireless network in place, you can use AirTunes to add music to its capabilities. Letís say you have AirPort Extreme set up in your den. Thereís no need to scrap this setup and create a whole new one with an AirPort Express Base Station, your DSL or cable modem, printer and stereo all in one place. Simply connect AirPort Express to your stereo in your favorite music room and plug it into an electrical outlet ó it wirelessly links to your existing network, letting you play your music in your room of choice without moving anything or connecting anything else.

this says that the airport express would wirelessly link to the airport extreme WHILE letting you play your music. if it doesn't work, apple will get sued.