PDA

View Full Version : iPod therefore iAm ... Today

AmigoMac
Jul 19, 2004, 04:18 AM
Today is the day, I just went to www.apple.com/ipod (http://www.apple.com/ipod) and they gave me a small view of their iPod mini collection... no reason about old iPods, so they must be updating the homepage and in the next few seconds they will update the store, credit card is getting ready ;) ... are you ready? :)

robbieduncan
Jul 19, 2004, 05:26 AM
Store is still up. The link takes you to a page about the standard 3G iPod?

aswitcher
Jul 19, 2004, 05:32 AM
Store is still up. The link takes you to a page about the standard 3G iPod?

Yeah, nothing just yet.

AmigoMac
Jul 19, 2004, 06:27 AM
took me to the ipod-mini, it was today before leaving home, 8:30 CET, now you're right, it seemed to work fine, but I'm sure I reload the homepage 5 times and always took me to:

www.apple.com/ipodmini

I woke up and went directly to see if I could already order my 40/60 GB toy...

Crossing fingers...

ecche
Jul 19, 2004, 06:28 AM
Apple store Germany down! Here we go...

AmigoMac
Jul 19, 2004, 06:34 AM
Stores are down...

Tarararara..... I'm too excited...

aswitcher
Jul 19, 2004, 06:43 AM
Australia down...

Pyrix
Jul 19, 2004, 06:51 AM
UK Down..

win_convert
Jul 19, 2004, 06:57 AM
Still down

SilentPanda
Jul 19, 2004, 07:09 AM
Hehehe... somebody should make a "store up/down" graphic to put on the Macrumors home page. It could just be a php graphic script that checks for the loading of the "We'll Be Back Soon" graphic... :)

AmigoMac
Jul 19, 2004, 07:22 AM
Store down, Store up , Store down, Store up , Store down, Store up , ...

Gotta pee... brb

SilentPanda
Jul 19, 2004, 07:34 AM
I do love it when you click refresh on the Apple store web page and it takes a bit more time because it's loading up the actual store. It's like Christmas even if you aren't going to buy anything. You're just happy because somebody is going to get something good. :)

SilentPanda
Jul 19, 2004, 07:35 AM
Speak of the devil.

Gizmotoy
Jul 19, 2004, 07:38 AM
Looks like its up. The newsweek story was right on. Pretty cool lookin if you ask me.

http://images.apple.com/home/images/2004/07/ipodclickimage20040719.jpg

AmigoMac
Jul 19, 2004, 07:39 AM
20 and 40 .. new design, I would say 60 GB and color case iPods in Paris...

Let the rumors start... ;)

SilentPanda
Jul 19, 2004, 07:40 AM
Nice! I ordered a 40 gig iPod on the 15th and Apple has cancelled that and switched me to a "cheaper" 40 gig! Wheee! Should ship on the 21st (but I am getting it engraved). I'll post pix once it gets here... :)

jacobj
Jul 19, 2004, 01:36 PM
I have the 2G 20gb and promised myself I'd wait until the 4G came out.. and so it did today... 10 mins later I had my confirmation order in my inbox for the 40gb...

not sure why I need it as I only have 11gb of music in my collection, but hopefully the receipt of the new pod will inspire me to import the other 2 thirds of my cd collecttion and maybe I'll top that up with some new music from the UK store

clcnyc
Jul 19, 2004, 02:32 PM
maybe I'll top that up with some new music from the UK store

Can you purchase tracks from the iTMS UK if you live in the U.S???

Bengt77
Jul 19, 2004, 04:17 PM
Can you purchase tracks from the iTMS UK if you live in the U.S???

Gawd, there we go again...

Was it over here, in the MacRumors forums, that somebody actually did not know that Jersey is a British island? Anyways, if you (also) thought that with Jersey that other guy had to mean some US state and nothing else, it goes to show that Americans really are worst at geography.

jacobj
Jul 19, 2004, 04:29 PM
Gawd, there we go again...

Was it over here, in the MacRumors forums, that somebody actually did not know that Jersey is a British island? Anyways, if you (also) thought that with Jersey that other guy had to mean some US state and nothing else, it goes to show that Americans really are worst at geography.

Hey..

When I was living in London I met loads of people that din't know where Jersey was..

Oh yeah.. I fogot, I was working for an American firm... for those that want to know.. Jersey (as in the british island) was run for centuries by the de carteret family.... the family was loyal to the royalists during the English civil war and actually sheltered Charles II during that time.. they were rewarded with land in the American colonies which the Cateret family named New Jersey and there you have it.. the origin of the state of New Jersey...

incidentally, the carteret family also owned (in partnership with a French family from Brittany) the Falkland Islands... they did well for themselves.. but that is in the past. :)