Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vanibaby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
I have a Macbook (spring 2006) and got sick of the beachball all the time and decided to upgrade from my 512. I ordered the correct type of RAM, 2x1GB. When I installed them, one was DOA but the other worked so I ran my computer with 1GB+256MB until the replacement arrived. The new 1GB arrived yesterday and when I changed it out with the 256 to have 2x1GB the computer wouldn't boot...not even the chime. I tried the various suggestions in my user guide with no luck. When I tried to go back to the 1GB (original on that had been working for a week or two) plus then 256, it would only recognize the 256 (had to use power + D with the CD that came with my mac to find that out). Turns out the only way I can get my computer to run is with the orginal 512! Needless to say I'm frustrated and not enjoying being back to 512 with the beachball!

Can anyone help?

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Are you sure that you are pushing down hard enough on the ram - if you don't get white marks on your fingers then you are not pushing hard enough...

Push them back in and start up the MacBook without the L shaped cover on and without the battery in just to check they are ok......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.