PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Boot Camp 3 + Windows 7

SaintDiablo
Oct 17, 2009, 07:21 AM
I recently installed Windows 7 on my 13.3" MacBook Pro unibody and when I insert the Snow Leopard install disc that came with my MacBook Pro it shows up with a window that says: "Start setup.exe" once I click that it then takes me to another window that says two things:
Remote Install Mac OS X or

DVD or CD Sharing.
What's up with this? Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance.

balamw
Oct 17, 2009, 10:43 AM
I recently installed Windows 7 on my 13.3" MacBook Pro unibody and when I insert the Snow Leopard install disc that came with my MacBook Pro it shows up with a window that says: "Start setup.exe" once I click that it then takes me to another window that says two things:
Remote Install Mac OS X or

DVD or CD Sharing.
What's up with this? Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance.

You should have a third option for install drivers.

This is for MacBook Air users who don't have an optical drive. You can use the optical drive in a PC or Mac over the network, even to install OS X.

B

SaintDiablo
Oct 18, 2009, 12:25 AM
I looked and there was no third option. I guess I'll just install XP instead.

mrwizardno2
Oct 18, 2009, 12:31 AM
I looked and there was no third option. I guess I'll just install XP instead.

Ack, don't do that!

right click the disc, click explore. open the drivers folder and start setup in there... I can't remember if it's called drivers or something else, but you'll figure it out once you see it!

Nordichund
Oct 18, 2009, 03:11 AM
After I installed Windows 7 and had it up and running, I just stuck in the Snow Leopard disk and it basically just installed the drivers more or less automatically. I did it two times on both my Macs.

Having just upgraded from XP, as I have said on another thread. I wouldn't go back to that OS for running Windows' programs in Boot Camp, even if you paid me good money after having used Windows 7.