Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clickey-grl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
:eek:Hello all, so I have an old printer (HP Photosmart C4180) and I never installed it on my imac using the cd it came with (I assume it has an version on instalation). And I installed what I believe it works for my printer (I did typed the version of my printer from the HP.com website). So I installed the one that says that it works for Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5 (mine is 10.5.8).

So I install and follow the instructions and on one of the steps it says that I have to SELECT THE DRIVE MODEL and when I look down it says PHOTOSMART C4100 SERIES (I think it's trying to say that my printer is from the 4100 series...is that right???)

So I choose the PHOTOSMART C4100 SERIES and continue the steps and when I click on INSTALL it asks me that: HP installer requires that you type your password.

Should I type my password?
Is this something that will always show up everytime I want to install something new?

Like, I want to install "The Unarchiver" and it always ask me to put my password in order to install it...

What should I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.