Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cam59

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Arizona
Hi, I want to buy Microsoft Office 2004 Student & Teacher Edition but I'm not sure if I can buy it since I am in high school. Some websites said I can't buy it and others have said I can. Does someone know if high school students can buy it?

Mem

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2004
Yes, you can buy it. From the research I've done Amazon is offering it for the cheapest. I bought it from them a few days ago and its on its way :p

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Mem said:
Yes, you can buy it. From the research I've done Amazon is offering it for the cheapest. I bought it from them a few days ago and its on its way :p

The price on Amazon is $135. And Compusa is $140 this week if you want instant gratification.

discoforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont, USA
Cam59 said:
Hi, I want to buy Microsoft Office 2004 Student & Teacher Edition but I'm not sure if I can buy it since I am in high school. Some websites said I can't buy it and others have said I can. Does someone know if high school students can buy it?

Generally, high school students are NOT eligible for mac educational discounts. High school staff are, but not students (college students are).

However, MS Office is sold at most stores and often people don't check if you're a college student - thus, pretty much anyone could buy it. This probably explains why you're getting different answers from folks.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
discoforce said:
Generally, high school students are NOT eligible for mac educational discounts. High school staff are, but not students (college students are).

However, MS Office is sold at most stores and often people don't check if you're a college student - thus, pretty much anyone could buy it. This probably explains why you're getting different answers from folks.

This is a Microsoft-approved discount, not an Apple one. All students and parents of students are eligible.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
From Microsoft itself:

"Qualified Educational User Eligibility

To license Office 2004 for Mac Student and Teacher Edition, you must be a Qualified Educational User or the parent or guardian of a Qualified Educational User who is a minor. Qualified Educational Users include:

* Full- or part-time students
* Home schooled students
* Full- or part-time faculty or staff of an accredited educational institution"

Edit: If it isn't obvious, you qualify!

discoforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont, USA
jsw said:
From Microsoft itself:

"Qualified Educational User Eligibility

To license Office 2004 for Mac Student and Teacher Edition, you must be a Qualified Educational User or the parent or guardian of a Qualified Educational User who is a minor. Qualified Educational Users include:

* Full- or part-time students
* Home schooled students
* Full- or part-time faculty or staff of an accredited educational institution"

Edit: If it isn't obvious, you qualify!

Oops! I was wrong and submit my apologies. :eek:

Cam59, hope you didn't have any additional trouble getting it at discount.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
discoforce said:
Oops! I was wrong and submit my apologies. :eek:

Cam59, hope you didn't have any additional trouble getting it at discount.

you were kind of right, don't sell yourself so short. He would not be eligible for a hardware EDU discount or the cram and jam but for software from other places its fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.