PDA

View Full Version : iPhone developer program?

Draythor
Oct 19, 2009, 10:21 AM
Hi there,
I recently purchased a Mac and thought I'd take the iPhone SDK for a quick whirl and see how easy it was to use, I went through clicked download and went through a registration process.
Have I been charged the $99 to be a developer or is this just so they know who is using their software?

Thanks

johnrs
Oct 19, 2009, 10:22 AM
did you put in your credit card details?

Draythor
Oct 19, 2009, 10:24 AM
No I used my Apple ID to register though which I use to purchase things through iTunes. :S

robbieduncan
Oct 19, 2009, 10:27 AM
No I used my Apple ID to register though which I use to purchase things through iTunes. :S

No you have not been charged. It is very clear (it uses the Apple online Store) when you will be charged.

Draythor
Oct 19, 2009, 10:29 AM
I thought as much but as a student with NO coding ability dropping 59 on something I just wanted to mess around with is something I can't afford.
So what exactly have I done?
I haven't actually downloaded the SDK as of yet, just in case I get charged!:eek:

TodVader
Oct 19, 2009, 10:32 AM
Read what a previous poster posted:

"No you have not been charged. It is very clear (it uses the Apple online Store) when you will be charged."

The SDK is free. It costs 99$ to sell your product or test it on your iPhone/iPod.

robbieduncan
Oct 19, 2009, 10:32 AM
So what exactly have I done?

By the sounds of things close to nothing. You can create a free developer account at developer.apple.com. If you have an existing Apple ID you can use this/sign it with that. It sounds like that's all you have done.

Apple are not trying to steal your money or trick you. You will be told, up front, and have to confirm the payment before you are charged for anything.

Draythor
Oct 19, 2009, 10:42 AM
By the sounds of things close to nothing. You can create a free developer account at developer.apple.com. If you have an existing Apple ID you can use this/sign it with that. It sounds like that's all you have done.

Apple are not trying to steal your money or trick you. You will be told, up front, and have to confirm the payment before you are charged for anything.

Thank you for your help. I understand that Apple are not trying to steal my money. I was more or less trying to make sure I had taken the right route to the free SDK.
:)

dejo
Oct 19, 2009, 10:59 AM
Sorry if this sounds harsh but you're gonna want to start paying closer attention (especially as your dealing with the iPhone Developer Program, the Program Portal, and iTunes Connect) as you are going through a process rather than questioning what you did after the fact.

ghayenga
Oct 19, 2009, 11:22 AM
Thank you for your help. I understand that Apple are not trying to steal my money. I was more or less trying to make sure I had taken the right route to the free SDK.
:)

Sounds like it.

firewood
Oct 19, 2009, 12:09 PM
There is a specific web page on which you need to enter a lot of details to apply for a specific type of $99 enrolled developer program.

Did you go here?
http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/apply.html