PDA

View Full Version : iTunes leisurely pace frustrating for some

MacBytes
Jul 19, 2004, 09:00 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: iTunes leisurely pace frustrating for some (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040719220015)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Nermal
Jul 19, 2004, 09:18 PM
Hopefully, an Australian version of iTunes will work in NZ too.

mainstreetmark
Jul 19, 2004, 10:13 PM
yeah, really... i've recently decided i want to move there, and will definitely be there for a bit by year's end (south island). My kiwi friend seems to like it quite a bit and says you can live on a mountain and see an ocean without being in California.

winmacguy
Jul 19, 2004, 10:26 PM
yeah, really... i've recently decided i want to move there, and will definitely be there for a bit by year's end (south island). My kiwi friend seems to like it quite a bit and says you can live on a mountain and see an ocean without being in California.

Indeed you can although most of us prefer to live in or near the main cities and centres. None of our cities are located in the mountains, although the nearest we have to that would be Queenstown in the south Island except it is mostly full of tourists.

Still would be nice to have iTMS available here though. In the mean time Ill just stick to buying my CDs cheaply from The Warehouse and Sounds Stores on special and ripping them into iTunes. No worries about certain titles not being available for download or being restricted to 128kb .aac files from the iTMS ;)

Nermal
Jul 20, 2004, 01:31 AM

If you're planning on getting a Mac, get it while you're still in the US or suffer over-inflated prices! :eek:

mainstreetmark
Jul 20, 2004, 01:37 AM
If you're planning on getting a Mac, get it while you're still in the US or suffer over-inflated prices! :eek:

No worries there. Already got a PB17 and'll probably have an Airport Express by then. Plus the 40Gig iPod fatboy.

Waluigi
Jul 20, 2004, 01:50 AM
None of the four audio file retailers in Australia cater for Apple users because they use Windows Media Audio player, which is incompatible with Macs, he says

Ignorance.....

--Waluigi

shamino
Jul 20, 2004, 10:20 AM
Won't you have to pay most of the difference in the form of duties and tariffs when you try to bring that computer back home?