Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonycpsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
I currently use a Logitech DiNovo Edge keyboard with integrated touchpad on my Mac, but my new office does not allow any Bluetooth connections. So, I need to find a USB wired keyboard that's a good replacement for the DiNovo Edge.

Some Googling and some searches here have led me to a bunch of discontinued products from Adesso, and a bunch of crappy keyboards that state they're only compatible with Windows/Vista. I need to find something that has a built-in touchpad that's Mac compatible like the DiNovo edge touchpad is, but with a plug-in USB option rather than Bluetooth.

Anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to have to go back to using a mouse after having it so easy with an integrated touchpad.

Ka Ora!

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2009
I currently use a Logitech DiNovo Edge keyboard with integrated touchpad on my Mac, but my new office does not allow any Bluetooth connections. So, I need to find a USB wired keyboard that's a good replacement for the DiNovo Edge.

Some Googling and some searches here have led me to a bunch of discontinued products from Adesso, and a bunch of crappy keyboards that state they're only compatible with Windows/Vista. I need to find something that has a built-in touchpad that's Mac compatible like the DiNovo edge touchpad is, but with a plug-in USB option rather than Bluetooth.

Anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to have to go back to using a mouse after having it so easy with an integrated touchpad.

You could find a normal keyboard you like and get a Wacom bamboo touch they do a bigger one that costs a bit more.

Edit see above........

tonycpsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
Would a bluetooth --> usb dongle work?

No, the DiNovo Edge comes with one, but the whole idea is that I'm not allowed to use Bluetooth, so even if it would technically work, it's not allowed and I'm not going to risk getting nailed for it. I'll need something 100% wired. :(

tonycpsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
It shocks me that you could use the keypad of the diNovo Edge effectively.

My DiNovo edge doesn't have a keypad. Do you mean the touchpad? I think it's fine... not perfect, but with the right acceleration settings I find it quite usable.

hawaiipoolman

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2007
check out this old thread, and some mockups i made
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6842351#post6842351
attachment.php

tonycpsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
A friend of mine pointed me at this guy. When I first saw it, I dismissed it because there's no claim of Mac support, but apparently they did mention Macs specifically in their press releases. Would appreciate hearing from anyone on if and how well it works with OS X:

Adesso AKB-440

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.