PDA

View Full Version : Napster expands into schools

MacBytes
Jul 19, 2004, 10:47 PM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Napster expands into schools (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040719234736)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

swmooretiger
Jul 20, 2004, 02:10 AM
seriously, subscriptions to music will never work, and i'm surprised that companies keep trying it. people just like to own their music, plain and simple. i understand the argument for more available tracks, but even if i like those tracks, what if i stop paying the subscription? or can't afford it anymore? at least with itunes i can spend some money, then take a break if i have to, but still keep the songs i bought. it's kind of weird calling it a subscription too, as usually that refers to periodicals that you get to keep each time. i know it's a monthly payment, but it should really be called "renting" music, not subscribing. subscribing means you get to keep something at the end of it.

tYNS
Jul 20, 2004, 08:10 AM
seriously, subscriptions to music will never work, and i'm surprised that companies keep trying it. people just like to own their music, plain and simple. i understand the argument for more available tracks, but even if i like those tracks, what if i stop paying the subscription? or can't afford it anymore? at least with itunes i can spend some money, then take a break if i have to, but still keep the songs i bought. it's kind of weird calling it a subscription too, as usually that refers to periodicals that you get to keep each time. i know it's a monthly payment, but it should really be called "renting" music, not subscribing. subscribing means you get to keep something at the end of it.

Agreed, as well, I am just sick of this big companies forcing their ways into schools and such.. It is insulting.. They don't care about the consumer, they just weasel their way into trying to make the quick buck from their consumers. Let's all please just NOT RENT napster tunes. Remember. In the end you own nothing and the big business monkeys have your money. Pure profit so they can go and buy their mercedes and big fancy houses. Remember, people run the internet... not corporations.

OhEsTen
Jul 20, 2004, 10:25 AM
I hate it when people like zdnet/cnet/msnbc (all Mac haters btw), compare iTunes to abominations like napster. There is no comparison.