Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtn5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Philadelphia
Hello All,

I recently purchased an old Powerbook G4 since my iBook G4 recently died on me (After 5+ years). I'm using the Powerbook for a temp computer until Arrandale comes out on the next revision of the macbook/macbook pro.

My question is can I use my iBook 45W adapter to power the Powerbook? I believe the original adapters for the Powerbooks were 65W. If it is possible are there any fire hazards of the power brick overheating or shorting out the Powerbook?

Thanks for any feedback!

bbergie

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Calgary
I'm currently relying on an iBook power adapter (45 W) to operate as well as charge and run my PowerBook G4. I did some research on this in advance of relying on this adapter and came upon reliable information that said the match would operate fine.

rtn5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Philadelphia
I'm currently relying on an iBook power adapter (45 W) to operate as well as charge and run my PowerBook G4. I did some research on this in advance of relying on this adapter and came upon reliable information that said the match would operate fine.

Thank You!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.