PDA

View Full Version : DVD isnt loading up bootcamp drivers

Camoischaos
Oct 20, 2009, 04:18 AM
So i installed Windows 7 on my macbook and it is running good however i have an issue, getting the drivers isn't as easy as i thought it was going to be. Whenever put in my install CD that came with my macbook autorun brings up two options. 1) Remote install Mac OSX 2) DVD or CD sharing. Im not getting any options for installing drivers am i doing something wrong? And im getting these options while in Windows by the way. I just looked through the CD and found a file named BOOTCAMP and found a handful of drivers but which ones would i need for a 2.4 ghz white macbook? i got it around June 2008

gugucom
Oct 20, 2009, 06:52 AM
Open Windows Explorer and start the setup manually. In the drivers/Apple folder start either Bootcamp.msi or Bootcamp64.msi depending which version of Seven you are using. You may want to change file visibility options before you do that. Windows normally does not show you file extensions, which I think is silly. It also hides system files which isn't helpfull for installation trouble shooting either. So reset those options at least temporarily when you work with driver installation. Some people have experienced problems with Bootcamp 3.0 and freezing of keyboard and trackpad/mouse. If you experience something like that stop installing Bootcamp and go manually to the chipset driver applicable to your machine. It is either in the Intel or Nvidia folder. Once your chipset drivers are installed it is safe to run Bootcamp.