Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleksander1993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
I accidentally dropped my macbook down at the floor, dont know how i did it, but it just fell down, and it cracked up my macbook unibody screen.

I'm not sure what i can do about it, is there a way around i can fix this at home or do i need to go to an apple store and send it in so they can repair it ?

If so, how long is my warranty ?, i bought my macbook around june 2008 .

I hope somebody is able to help me out :)

I attached some photos of how it looks like !

Attachments

• Bilde 17.png
    Bilde 17.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Bilde 18.png
    Bilde 18.png
    223 KB · Views: 38

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Apple are unlikely to accept liability for impact damage. If you did not buy Applecare then your warranty is only valid for one year from the date of purchase. Even then, the same applies. Do you have house insurance? Some companies will insure against this, but many do not, since a notebook is a portable device thus is much more likely to 'fall of the table' than a desktop. Worth checking their policy on this. As for the repair, you'll likely have to take it in to an Apple repair shop and get a quote. Probably going to be expensive to be honest. Does it affect the computer in any other way?

aleksander1993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for the information XP Defector :)

No it does not affect the computer in general, but am afraid that the "thing under the "Macbook" logo" should fall off, since its already getting loose ! :S

But is there anything i can do ?, i mean something that wouldn't ruin the laptop ? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.