Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Admiral

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
it's a pretty rubbish keyboard. i will at least give it that it's better than the original apple USB keyboard, but man, that was one of the worst keyboards anyone has ever shipped.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
it's a pretty rubbish keyboard. i will at least give it that it's better than the original apple USB keyboard, but man, that was one of the worst keyboards anyone has ever shipped.

I disagree - it has a great feel, is very sturdy (being an aluminum frame), and it very frugal with its batteries. Of course, everyone has a different opinion on input devices - the BT keyboard is no exception.

Oh, and I really like the feel of my Mighty Mouse ;)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

I strongly disagree. The Apple Wireless Keyboard is the best keyboard I've ever seen. Compact, good design, quiet, durable, excellent battery life, great range. What more could you ask in a wireless keyboard? I highly recommend it!

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
The Apple Aluminum keyboard is the best keyboard I have ever used. I like it because it's quiet, durable, compact, and designed very well.

icecavern

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2005
Reading, UK
I've just been trying to order a british wireless keyboard but it's missing from the apple site

Looks like they don't sell it anymore, and nobody seems to have old stock. :(

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I've just been trying to order a british wireless keyboard but it's missing from the apple site

Looks like they don't sell it anymore, and nobody seems to have old stock. :(

I see it just fine:
Picture 2.jpg

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I strongly disagree. The Apple Wireless Keyboard is the best keyboard I've ever seen. Compact, good design, quiet, durable, excellent battery life, great range. What more could you ask in a wireless keyboard? I highly recommend it!

Typing on it right now, I completely agree, GREAT keyboard.:)

analytical44

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Philly
I also love it...

..but where is the black key version so it matches the rest of the crud on my desk ?

That's what I've been waiting for; well that and backlit keys. I like the design though, seems like a nice keyboard. So are we assuming that this is the new keyboard that was in the front page article that the FCC just OK'd? I'll be pretty blown if it is...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That's what I've been waiting for; well that and backlit keys. I like the design though, seems like a nice keyboard. So are we assuming that this is the new keyboard that was in the front page article that the FCC just OK'd? I'll be pretty blown if it is...

It probably is the one approved by the FCC. I doubt you'll see backlighting on the wireless keyboard.... too much impact on battery life. It would be nice to have, though.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008

What more could I ask for? Um, a full keyboard? I use the numeric keypad quite often (I type numbers much faster with it) but for some reason Apple thinks people who hate wires hate numbers. I bought the last wireless version with the numeric keypad and think Apple is a bunch of poo for removing it in the first place. When I have to use my MacBook Pro's keyboard, I do it out of necessity, not because I love cramming all of this stuff into a small area.

Between that blunder and the complete lack of Blu-ray, Apple can stun me sometimes to be such a good overall company.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The problem is that as you can see in the picture, the description says British, however in the drop down box under add to basket it says German. And there's no option to select British.

I reckon there's a few German keyboards being ordered as I type...

It's possible the description in the basket is incorrect. I'd call Apple and ask them if it is, indeed, the British keyboard that they've mislabeled in the basket, or if they're substituting a German one (which wouldn't make any sense, unless the German and British keyboards are the same). A phone call to Apple should clear it up.

bellang

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2005
It's possible the description in the basket is incorrect. I'd call Apple and ask them if it is, indeed, the British keyboard that they've mislabeled in the basket, or if they're substituting a German one (which wouldn't make any sense, unless the German and British keyboards are the same). A phone call to Apple should clear it up.

Yup, spoke to Apple, its an issue with the website which they're looking at. No ETA, but shouldnt be long they think.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
What more could I ask for? Um, a full keyboard? I use the numeric keypad quite often (I type numbers much faster with it) but for some reason Apple thinks people who hate wires hate numbers. I bought the last wireless version with the numeric keypad and think Apple is a bunch of poo for removing it in the first place.

I understand having one without a numeric keypad.

But I do not understand not having one with a numeric keypad. Besides, with a 27" screen, the non-NMKP version looks like an itty-bitty toy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.