PDA

View Full Version : Spoof Email!!

DannyF
Jul 20, 2004, 02:00 PM
Hiya everyone!!
Just came across this fantastic site for sending prank email, you gatta have a look. Let me know what you think about it. I thought it was great!

www.sharpmail.co.uk

DannyF
Jul 20, 2004, 03:19 PM
no comments then? whats a newbie got to do to be spoken to here? :S

question fear
Jul 20, 2004, 03:31 PM
first off, welcome to macrumors.
joining and immediately promoting some random website will get you attention, but probably from someone wanting to have a chat about spamming ;-) people come here and try to promote stuff a lot, so it looks a little off to be promoting a website your first day here.

edesignuk
Jul 20, 2004, 03:33 PM
no comments then? whats a newbie got to do to be spoken to here? :S
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/macros/bush.jpg

DannyF
Jul 20, 2004, 03:34 PM
Ha, I seen them before, sommert wolds.com...

Dros
Jul 20, 2004, 05:23 PM
Hiya everyone!!
Just came across this fantastic site for sending prank email, you gatta have a look. Let me know what you think about it. I thought it was great!

www.sharpmail.co.uk

So you aren't the Danny that is the webmaster for the site?
Webmaster
Danny - webmaster@sharpmail.co.uk

I suppose not, otherwise you wouldn't have "just come across it". Funny that you are both named Danny, though.

Sun Baked
Jul 20, 2004, 05:28 PM
no comments then? whats a newbie got to do to be spoken to here? :SYou really want a comment?

OK...

Look's like it's another newbie screaming...

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12993&stc=1

edesignuk
Jul 20, 2004, 05:29 PM
So you aren't the Danny that is the webmaster for the site?
Webmaster
Danny - webmaster@sharpmail.co.uk

I suppose not, otherwise you wouldn't have "just come across it". Funny that you are both named Danny, though.ROFL!
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/funny/potatowned.gif

DannyF
Jul 21, 2004, 03:03 PM
well no im not, and didnt know he was called Danny either!

Im not screeming for attention, just a welcome from anyone would be nice. But if thats too much to ask!

funny how people are quick to take the piss but something so simple as saying hello is beyond you all :s

question fear
Jul 21, 2004, 04:11 PM
well no im not, and didnt know he was called Danny either!

Im not screeming for attention, just a welcome from anyone would be nice. But if thats too much to ask!

funny how people are quick to take the piss but something so simple as saying hello is beyond you all :s

ok. hello.
and in the future, when you come across a cool site, give people more than an hour and a half to post back to you, and maybe they won't be so quick to jump on ya. also, you can imagine lots of people try to post and promote their own sites, so there's not much benefit of the doubt going on here.

Don't panic
Jul 21, 2004, 05:01 PM
hi and welcome to the forums.
I just wanted to mention that in the US sending mail under false pretenses is illegal, even in jest.

edit: I'm not sure anymore: i looked for a link but couldn't find it. Maybe it's illegal only if it's for commercial purposes. It certainly is inappropriate.

And the site above does look like a promotion for a spamming service disguised as a prank service.

DannyF
Jul 21, 2004, 05:16 PM
is it really?

Although im sure there are many other illegal things people do but turn a blind eye to it, in a legal sence anyway. Such as dropping litter. People look down at you for it, but the authoritys dont bother enforcing the law on it...

... besides legal or not, people are still gonna do it!

DannyF
Jul 21, 2004, 05:19 PM
And the site above does look like a promotion for a spamming service disguised as a prank service.

well maybe, but i thought it was a laugh, didnt look that deaply into it :o

I had a laugh reading my mates reply sucking up to what he thought was his boss!

Kingsnapped
Jul 21, 2004, 05:21 PM
Dear Mikrosoft user,

Advancements in internet technology mean we are able to track the use of Mikrosoft products. It enables us to analyse its use to aid us in the new version redevelopments. Whilst this is one of the key uses of the internal software distributed with all Mikrosoft products it also plays a part in discovering Piracy of software.

We have discovered that you are using Pirate versions of Mikrosoft software, which is pursuable in a criminal court as Fraud, in addition to this, it breaches our copyright which we can pursue in a civil court.

We are hereby giving you notification to remove Pirate versions of our products immediately. Failing to do this we will have no alternative but to take legal action.

Regards,

Neil Henderson
Mikrosoft Piracy Department

Almost as lame as the Amish email virus...

Hemingray
Jul 21, 2004, 05:24 PM
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/macros/bush.jpg

Notice how the line under Terrorism says "For Windows." Now that's humorous. :p

DannyF
Jul 21, 2004, 05:26 PM
Almost as lame as the Amish email virus...

alright chill, its not my feckin site! I thought it was a bit of a laugh - clearly it can be used by nobs for other reasons, I just htought it was funny, and different. :D

seamuskrat
Jul 21, 2004, 05:28 PM
A law is a law. Whether you are prosecuted is a secondary issue. In the case of this situation, if you annoyed the right people, you might have some trouble. People take SPAM pretty seriously. No one likes it. There are some IT admins that would go after you just for using bandwidth.

An occasional use to fool a friend? You are pretty safe. But if you started spoofing Steve Jobs and mass mailings and such, you would have some issues to contend with.

Of coruse, some kook will use this to spoof Apple employees and rumors now.
is it really?

Although im sure there are many other illegal things people do but turn a blind eye to it, in a legal sence anyway. Such as dropping litter. People look down at you for it, but the authoritys dont bother enforcing the law on it...

... besides legal or not, people are still gonna do it!

DannyF
Jul 21, 2004, 05:35 PM
well then youd be stupid to do something as daft as that, I heard once some lad emailed playboy and asked for 60 or he would publish all the credit card detail of there subscribers (which he didnt have) It was actually a joke but after the feds turned up at his door, he went to a british court and got 2 years inside!! sure I read that in the paper ?

Kingsnapped
Jul 21, 2004, 05:36 PM
alright chill, its not my feckin site! ::snip::

It wasn't an attack on you. No matter who runs that site, I think that particular email is pretty lame. Show me a better place to voice that opinion and I'll move it.

DannyF
Jul 21, 2004, 05:39 PM
dunno, dont they have a guestbook or sommet, or a contact email address?

themadchemist
Jul 22, 2004, 09:55 AM
maybe you guys shouldn't have pounced so readily...

While, I understand that we've been spammed a lot lately and people don't like to give the benefit of the doubt, I think we should at least approach it a little more politely at first.

After all, don't we all want doubts to benefit us when we act questionably?

DannyF
Jul 22, 2004, 11:29 AM

While, I understand that we've been spammed a lot lately and people don't like to give the benefit of the doubt, I think we should at least approach it a little more politely at first.

Thank you very much, I thought I was fighting a battle on my own there. Nice to see this place aint so bad as I thought. I had actually floated in as you do, I dont even own a mac!! im a PC user but then I know little about them and would like ot learn a bit more, since the next machine I get may be a mac if the benifits are better then the disadvantages... In fact i never used a mac ever!

Dros
Jul 22, 2004, 12:35 PM

Yeah, except he's done this on other forums as well, in which he also had just registered and then immediately posted the message, exactly the same as the one here:

Soccer Gaming Forums > Other > SG Players' Lounge > Spoof Email!!

Danny
[DannyF]
Club Supporter

Spoof Email!!

Hiya everyone!!

www.sharpmail.co.uk

Other funny things (yeah, I'm bored at work and like thinking up conspiracy theories!):

Danny the webmaster (at the sharpmail forums):
Hello!!
Well done, you finally registered!!

DannyF our friend:
Hiya everyone!!
Spoof Email!!

They both like to put double exclamation points!!

Neither can spell:
Danny the webmaster
wtf!! [more double !!] when you seen me doing weired ******
your insain! you even tryed to scale the 7 foot fence
your cleaver at the deceitful game arnt you

Danny our friend
look that deaply
Im not screeming for attention

They use 'aint' and without an apostrophe:
Webmaster Danny
I aint picky.

Our Danny