PDA

View Full Version : More universities agree to RIAA/Napster 'protection'

MacBytes
Jul 20, 2004, 03:15 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: More universities agree to RIAA/Napster \'protection\' (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040720161531)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

space2go
Jul 20, 2004, 04:37 PM
It's a nice university/school/whatever you have running here. 't would be a shame if something unfavorable was to happen to it, say a bunch of lawsuits mentioning astronomical sums...

winmacguy
Jul 20, 2004, 05:12 PM
It's a nice university/school/whatever you have running here. 't would be a shame if something unfavorable was to happen to it, say a bunch of lawsuits mentioning astronomical sums...

Fugedaboutit...

LMAO!!!!

solvs
Jul 20, 2004, 08:59 PM
No Napster, being linked to the forceful hand of the mafia-like RIAA isn't going to backfire on you at all... Kids love being forced to pay for a sucky service many of them can't even use when there are better alternatives that actually work out there. And who needs to keep their music after they graduate? :rolleyes:

Brand recognition. I love that, too. People didn't like Napster cuz it was cool, they liked it cuz it was free. The minute Napster went under, a million other services took it's place. People resent the name now because it represents the exact opposite of what it used to stand for. Anyone who cared about the original has long since moved on to something else.

Good luck to them, they're gonna need it. :p

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 21, 2004, 08:06 AM
Really stinks IMO.

Too bad Apple can't do something to compete with Napster's extortion of the colleges.

I see potential lawsuits looming against the universities any ways.

g4cubed
Jul 21, 2004, 09:10 AM
No...

Brand recognition. I love that, too. People didn't like Napster cuz it was cool, they liked it cuz it was free. The minute Napster went under, a million other services took it's place. People resent the name now because it represents the exact opposite of what it used to stand for. Anyone who cared about the original has long since moved on to something else.

Good luck to them, they're gonna need it. :p

I have to agree with you about napster. They were the pioneers of free music and now the company and name are synonymous with the RIAA.