PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Max Payne?

ArtMan617
Jul 20, 2002, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know what has happened with Max Payne? I know it hasn't been cancelled, but it was supposed to have come out on July 16...I did a little searching and I found out that its new release date is Sept. 18th...what's the deal?

-ArtMan617

job
Jul 20, 2002, 01:21 PM
Dunno really. I think its at Gold Master status right now.

AlphaTech
Jul 20, 2002, 01:27 PM
If I recall, something about his wife and kid getting killed and then things just went downhill from there... :eek: :D

BTW, I have the game for the peecee. It's not too bad...

Draft
Jul 21, 2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
If I recall, something about his wife and kid getting killed and then things just went downhill from there... :eek: :D

BTW, I have the game for the peecee. It's not too bad...

Is this a joke?

AlphaTech
Jul 21, 2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Draft

Is this a joke?

Get the game and find out for yourself. :p

job
Jul 22, 2002, 02:50 AM
It's a good game (having played it on the PC) but it's a bit too short for my tastes. I want Deus Ex 2!!

Max Payne does not have any MP either. :(

Beej
Jul 22, 2002, 03:40 AM
I played it on a friend's PC... it was sad, you should have seen me being forced to use a two-button mouse! Just when you think you've got some coordination... :)

Cool game, I just can't work a two-button mouse that quickly :D

Ensign Paris
Jul 22, 2002, 05:11 AM
All I ask for my Mac (gaming wize) is EVN, EVO, Reckless Drivin and some sort of F1 game, now I just want the F1 game :(

Ensign

AlphaTech
Jul 22, 2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Beej
I played it on a friend's PC... it was sad, you should have seen me being forced to use a two-button mouse! Just when you think you've got some coordination... :)

Cool game, I just can't work a two-button mouse that quickly :D

Man, you must have the hand-eye coordination of an ox... :eek: :p :D

Originally posted by Chitman
I want Deus Ex 2!!

It's coming for the pc soon... I forget exactly when the date is, but I believe it is either before the end of this year or very early next year.

I have a copy of the AvP2 mod/expansion pack coming (August 24th) which looks killer (litterally). :D

mr.w
Jul 22, 2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by hitman
I want Deus Ex 2!!

Me too. I've been waiting 2 years for it. The first one could be one of, if not the best games I have ever played on a mac... marathon and EV are pretty close, but you can't beat the storyline and playability of Deus EX...

Beej
Jul 22, 2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Man, you must have the hand-eye coordination of an ox... :eek: :p :DLOL... I actually have pretty good coordination, I'd just never used a two button mouse in a game like that before. I only ever use a second mouse button occasionaly at uni... maybe once a week... I'm new to it ok, leave me alone! :D

kiwi_the_iwik
Jul 22, 2002, 04:52 PM
Max Payne does look bloody nice - I'm still really hanging for AvP2 and Flight Sim 2002, but I've gotta fork out for a better graphics card for my Cube (namely a GeForce 3) first, 'cos mine sucks (Rage 128)!

jadam
Jul 23, 2002, 07:34 PM
i saw it at MWNY and it looks ready to me!

jadam
Jul 23, 2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
All I ask for my Mac (gaming wize) is EVN, EVO, Reckless Drivin and some sort of F1 game, now I just want the F1 game :(

Ensign

hehe youll be happy to know i saw F1 chaimponship(EA Game) running at MWNY :)

synergy
Jul 23, 2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ArtMan617
Does anyone know what has happened with Max Payne? I know it hasn't been cancelled, but it was supposed to have come out on July 16...I did a little searching and I found out that its new release date is Sept. 18th...what's the deal?

-ArtMan617

When I was in the local CompUSA the other day they brought out 3 copies for the mac. So its shipping and ready to buy.

Try http://www.gogamer.com

ArtMan617
Jul 23, 2002, 09:01 PM
Nice...I can't wait to pick up a copy! Has anyone here playing it on the mac yet? I'm curious to hear some first impressions of the mac version...

-ArtMan617

jadam
Jul 23, 2002, 10:11 PM
i did at MWNY and its awesome :p

ArtMan617
Jul 23, 2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by jadam
i did at MWNY and its awesome :p

I'm sorry to sound picky, but could you make your analysis a bit more thorough? I'm looking to find out how the controls felt, how the graphics looked overall, how the interface worked, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum. I already know the game rocks.

-ArtMan617

AlphaTech
Jul 23, 2002, 10:44 PM
I know from the pc side the controlls are easy to manage. Along the lines of UT. You will want to have a three button (or at least two) mouse for it though.

Happy killin's. :D

dizastor
Jul 24, 2002, 05:21 PM
I ordered Max Payne from the online apple store on July 18th and It arrived this past Monday the 22nd. It looks really good on my iBook 700 however I can't get the controller to work with it. I'm new to mac gaming, and gaming in general on the desktop level at least. I havent installed it on my Dual GHZ machine yet but I bet it would kick the iBook's ass.

yeah I know... duh.

Draft
Jul 24, 2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by greenmonsterman
I ordered Max Payne from the online apple store on July 18th and It arrived this past Monday the 22nd. It looks really good on my iBook 700 however I can't get the controller to work with it. I'm new to mac gaming, and gaming in general on the desktop level at least. I havent installed it on my Dual GHZ machine yet but I bet it would kick the iBook's ass.

yeah I know... duh.

This might help to get the gamepad to work:

http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=7380

Draft

Maeglin OSX
Jul 24, 2002, 06:16 PM
I borrowed Max Payne from my friend and played it on my Xbox. The game's fun especially the matrix shoot dodging. Controls were awesome on my Xbox but the game was kinda short. I beat it in one day. It has decent replay value. There is great detail in the enviorments, on the guns, and even the bulets which you can actually see in the game. Not sure how well it will run on a slower video card but it's definately worth it.