Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
my 1 1/2 week old powerbook has developed a serious warp in it... it was warped from new but straightened out a little... but its gone really bad.... it rocks everytime i use it and when i type...

my question is.... if i send it back.... can i get it upgraded to 128mb ram??? and 5400rpm hd if i pay??

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
i highly doubt that. you can upgrade the ram yourself ... and they are going to think your only reason to return is to get the upgrades done ...

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
Kwyjibo said:
i highly doubt that. you can upgrade the ram yourself ... and they are going to think your only reason to return is to get the upgrades done ...
yaeh i will give it a try though.... ive heard others have done that and they have done it....

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Kwyjibo said:

I think he must be talking about the video RAM, not system RAM (all PowerBook ship with more than 128Mb RAM right?). I don't think that the graphics RAM is user upgradable, but feel free to prove me wrong...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.