Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nachando

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Hey Everyone,

I have a nice Macbook and every time I lift it up or move it, it shuts down automatically. I haven't dropped at all lately.
I noticed things were acting weird when I closed the lid to go somewhere, put it in my backpack, then took it out later on and I got the black screen thing for a while.
Any feedback would help.

Thanks

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Sounds like something metal is loose and touching the logic board shoring it out. Have you had any work done on it lately? Have you don't any physical work on it lately?

Nachando

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
I dropped it about a year ago and the hard drive had to be replace. I also dropped it about 6 months ago and the hinge on the screen is kinda broken. That is the damage done so far on the Macbook

teksurv

macrumors regular
May 25, 2008
San Diego, CA
I'm repairing a late 06 MacBook now. It was dropped by the previous owner, and the right hinge was broken. This chafed one of the cables leading from the inverter to the LCD. What would happen is the system would occasionally shut off. Once I put electrical tape over the chafed wire, the system was stable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.