Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Does the Wifi disconnect when the device is locked? Usually sometimes when I wake it up again I see the Wifi icon not there, then after 2-3 secs its there again. I sleep next to my device and I don't want Wifi signals transmitting right next to my head.

iSpaghettiCat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Miami, FL
First of all, I don't see how Wi-Fi signals can hurt you.

Second, the Wi-Fi does go off after about 5-10 seconds after it's locked. But if you're charging it with the Wi-Fi on, it doesn't turn off when locked.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
This is probably the only thing that will help.

tinfoil_hat.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Does the Wifi disconnect when the device is locked? Usually sometimes when I wake it up again I see the Wifi icon not there, then after 2-3 secs its there again. I sleep next to my device and I don't want Wifi signals transmitting right next to my head.

It is real dangerous to have wifi in your home. The lead in the paint mixed with the wifi signal is a dangerous combo.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I sleep next to my device and I don't want Wifi signals transmitting right next to my head.

Considering you're using Wi Fi then you must have a router. Routers send out a constant wireless signal over a certain area, if you're that paranoid then you should really be turning off your router rather then disabling Wi Fi on the touch. The router is what is creating the signal that the touch connects to, the touch itself does not create any Wi Fi 'signal'. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that disabling Wi Fi on the touch at night is useless; it's not going to change the amount of Wi Fi signals that your body absorbs - that's all to do with the router, as that's what's creating the signal that the touch connects to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.