PDA

View Full Version : Advice with Jailbreak 3.0 software

QrisS
Oct 21, 2009, 05:22 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with jailbreaking my Iphone.

First i removed iTunes from my PC and installed iTunes 8.2
Then i downloaded the iPhone 3.0 software + Redsnow 0.8

I put the iPhone in DFU mode and downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 firmware

Then i start redsnow, follow the instructions and finish the application, then my iPhone is loading all files (when i can see the pineapple) and then it reboots, and i get the "Connect to iTunes" screen and this happened to me the past 4 times i tried it

Am i doing something wrong?

Please help me!!

Chris

Tokiopop
Oct 21, 2009, 05:49 PM
Try update iTunes and try again.

Don't know where you got this idea if using 8.2 from.

QrisS
Oct 22, 2009, 01:45 PM
I Used iTunes 8.2 because it said so in the jailbreaking description.

Now i have an iphone that only says connect to itunes, and itunes only has the option to recover, but when i recover in iTunes 8.2 i get the 1015 error. In the jailbreaking guide it said: Ignore that error.

So i did, then followed all the steps, (again for 7 times already) and also the seventh time i stil get the iPhone connect to itunes screen. AND i can't restore my phone to the newest / original software...

Please help?

Tokiopop
Oct 22, 2009, 01:49 PM
Like I said, try updating to the latest version of iTunes.

What are you using to Jailbreak?

Night Spring
Oct 22, 2009, 01:54 PM
OP, you mentioned your iphone was updated to 3.1 before you started trying to jailbreak. Is there any particular reason why you are trying to go back to 3.0? If not, I suggest you try going to 3.1.2 (and update iTunes to the latest version as the other poster suggested), and try jailbreaking with blackra1n.

QrisS
Oct 22, 2009, 04:03 PM
Ok i will try this tomorrow.

Is it also possible to unlock your phone with 3.1.2 software?

@ Tokiopop: I'm using Redsn0w and the tutorial that comes with redsn0w on the webpage i found