Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wineandcarbs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
My understanding is the MobileMe will sync your iDisk folder to the online iDisk, accessible through the MM website. Does MM also allow you to sync two different computers? If a person has, say, a MBP and a desktop, will it sync the documents between the two computers as well, so a document saved on one computer in the iDisk folder will be accessible from the other computer as well (without having to go onto the MM website and download it from the online iDisk)?

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
My understanding is the MobileMe will sync your iDisk folder to the online iDisk, accessible through the MM website. Does MM also allow you to sync two different computers? If a person has, say, a MBP and a desktop, will it sync the documents between the two computers as well, so a document saved on one computer in the iDisk folder will be accessible from the other computer as well (without having to go onto the MM website and download it from the online iDisk)?

That's the whole point. MobileMe syncs calendars, contacts, bookmarks, iDisk, & mail across all your Macs and iPhone/iPod touch.

wineandcarbs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
That's the whole point. MobileMe syncs calendars, contacts, bookmarks, iDisk, & mail across all your Macs and iPhone/iPod touch.

Thanks! I could tell from the website that it syncs calendars, contacts, mail and bookmarks across computers, and that it syncs iDisk between a computer and the online iDisk, but I wasn't sure if it would allow me to sync iDisks between 2 different computers. That's great to hear. Thank you for the info!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
If you want something faster and free, look into Dropbox for file syncing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.