PDA

View Full Version : Another Question?

AngeredTree
Jul 20, 2004, 08:20 PM
So what's up with the Wobble inherent in new PowerBooks? How do you fix it? Do you just wait for it to fix itself or what? The bottom right side's foot is obviously higher than the other 3...

LeeTom
Jul 20, 2004, 08:37 PM
Out of me, my wife, and 3 of my friends that have Powerbooks, none of them has a wobble, so I wouldn't quite say they're "inherent".

Lee Tom

KingSleaze
Jul 20, 2004, 09:13 PM
So what's up with the Wobble inherent in new PowerBooks? How do you fix it? Do you just wait for it to fix itself or what? The bottom right side's foot is obviously higher than the other 3...

How new? My 1.25 GHz 15" doesn't wobble either.

seamuskrat
Jul 20, 2004, 09:51 PM
I have a 1.25 at home and 9 1.25 15 inch at work and none wobble. The 1.33 17 wobbles, but it was only because one of the rubber feet fell off. The local Apple store glued one on in 10 seconds and its fine.

AngeredTree
Jul 20, 2004, 10:10 PM
guess I spoke to soon...I thought I read threads from people talking about how their powerbooks are unbalanced...

I know its talked about here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=72418

I guess I will try the gentle pressure technique...

AngeredTree
Jul 20, 2004, 10:11 PM
Oh and by the way, I think this might only be an issue with the April 2004 revision of Powerbooks, leaving out all of those 1.25 Ghz models...