Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
i don't have the "enable spoken menu" checked off on my ipod nano, but i was wondering does enabling it take up space? and does it depends on how many songs you have? if it doesn't take up space does voice over take up space? what about system voice instead of built in. what does this all mean and what space does it take up if any? thank you

Yojiirill

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Illinois
No, as far as I know, it doesn't take up space. It just uses a programmed voice to "read" your track titles and things like that.

I have to say that it's gonna get pretty annoying, though :p

emilioc95

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
Guayaquil-Ecuador
I have exactly the same question... are you sure about it? I don't take space? I have an ipod nano 16Gb... Someone have more information or a link to a page about this?

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
i just hit enable and it said could no install, because there is not enough space on the nano to use with all my songs. its not a big deal to me since i have a usb radio in my car so my ipod stays in my glove compartment and i control it with a remote from the stereo, but it woudl have been cool

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.