PDA

View Full Version : I have some unique Sublime Band Photos. What to Do?

Balin64
Jul 20, 2004, 09:53 PM
Hi:

I am originally from SoCal and I went to college at the University of San Diego. When I was a wee young lad there in 1995, I was the photo editor for our paper... anyway, one Friday I got an assignment to go down the hill (literally down the hill) to a small all ages venue called Soma Live to shoot a band called Sublime. Had heard of them, the hipster that I was, but had never seen them. It was an awesome time! There were exactly two writers, two photographers there: both from College papers. Oh, and a very freaking annoying guy with video camera: don't know where he was from. Anyway, we all sat around and chatted, and I snapped a bunch of cool frames that night.

Anyway, I still have all the negatives: and being that they are doing nothing at the moment, I would like to share them with people. Now, I am a fan and not in it for the money, but I've been thinking of charging a modest price for the print, frame and I would serialize them. I doubt any big corporation would come asking for the rights, but if they did, I would tell them to go stick it.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Would you pay... say 10-15 bucks for a framed, serialized original 1995 Sublime image? The 10-15 bucks would just be splitting even more for me: taking into account the print cost, frame and shipping. I'm not trying to make a profit. It's just that at the moment I work in a profession other than photography and I miss working with images.

Any ideas from photographers in these forums? These images are not posed: they are sort of intimate and I am sure, aside from three or four printed in our paper almost ten years ago, never seen before.

I am not trying to be popmpous or self-serving, I have actually been thinking about this for a while, and I fianlly thought, "Lets see what the MacRumors peoples think!"

Balin64
Jul 20, 2004, 09:57 PM
Notice Where I focused my 24mm f2,0. Hmmm... sehr interesant.

Balin64
Jul 20, 2004, 10:04 PM
... Those were fun times.