PDA

View Full Version : AirPort Express and Volume

MoparShaha
Jul 21, 2004, 01:00 AM
I'm seriously contemplating buying an AirPort Express. I just have a quick question regarding volume. I understand that the audio streaming only outputs sounds from iTunes, but how is volume control handled? Does the volume slider within iTunes control the volume, or is the audio output fixed? Can the master volume control control the output?

Thanks, I appreciate any clarification.

WCat
Jul 21, 2004, 01:39 AM
I'm seriously contemplating buying an AirPort Express. I just have a quick question regarding volume. I understand that the audio streaming only outputs sounds from iTunes, but how is volume control handled? Does the volume slider within iTunes control the volume, or is the audio output fixed? Can the master volume control control the output?

Thanks, I appreciate any clarification.

The volume is controlled by your iTunes slider. Master volume still controls just the non-iTunes sounds that normally play on your computer. Only iTunes sounds go to Airport Express, and only those sounds are controlled by the iTunes slider. Oh, and before you ask, yes, the iTunes equalizer also controls the sound going to your Airport Express, so you can use powered speakers that don't have controls, and still turn up your bass or treble for the remote speakers. Cool.

BTW, there is a new little selector box that appears on the lower right side of your iTunes frame that allows you to select where your iTunes sounds go. This allows you to easily switch between your internal speakers and whatever cool-sounding name you decide to give to your Airport Express.

Works great for me! :)

WCat

MoparShaha
Jul 21, 2004, 10:42 AM
Great! Thank you WCat.