PDA

View Full Version : 4G iPod Sob

ibookin'
Jul 21, 2004, 01:41 AM
So I go to the Apple Store Glendale today and snag an iPod 20GB. I set it up on my PowerBook and play some music for a little bit, then it starts acting funny. There are numerous problems with the buttons and scroll wheel, and the iPod resets randomly. I take it in, and they do a restore no less than 4 times to no avail.

So my new toy had a useful life of less than a couple of hours. Worst part is they sold all of them so I couldn't get another. Got a refund instead. :(

Just wanted to share.

maradong
Jul 21, 2004, 01:53 AM
So I go to the Apple Store Glendale today and snag an iPod 20GB. I set it up on my PowerBook and play some music for a little bit, then it starts acting funny. There are numerous problems with the buttons and scroll wheel, and the iPod resets randomly. I take it in, and they do a restore no less than 4 times to no avail.

So my new toy had a useful life of less than a couple of hours. Worst part is they sold all of them so I couldn't get another. Got a refund instead. :(

Just wanted to share.
hm :(
makes me wait another week or two before getting the mine...

€dit: still, i feel sorry for you :(

JFreak
Jul 21, 2004, 02:52 AM
still waiting for my 20GB ipod... it has already shipped but hasn't arrived yet. let's hope your ipod experience is not setting a trend ;)

pyrotoaster
Jul 21, 2004, 08:26 AM
That sucks, although you really probably got the one defective one in the entire shipment. It's too bad you can't get a new one right away, but the folks at the Apple Store are a class act; if they can't fix it, they'll give you a new one (or a refund). At least you can buy a new one as soon as they get a new shipment in.

The new models haven't hit the Windy City yet... I'm waiting to go snag a 20GB to replace my 1st gen 'Pod.

michaelrjohnson
Jul 21, 2004, 08:40 AM
still waiting for my 20GB ipod... it has already shipped but hasn't arrived yet. let's hope your ipod experience is not setting a trend ;)

:( I hope not! I'm going to be getting one to exchange my 15GB through Cram and Jam!

SiliconAddict
Jul 21, 2004, 08:57 AM

Just wanted to share.

Apple quality at it finest. :( I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for early adopters of the 4G.

michaelrjohnson
Jul 21, 2004, 09:18 AM
Apple quality at it finest. :( I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for early adopters of the 4G.

Your Sig: My next laptop as of 9.1.04 will either be a G5 PowerBook or an IBM laptop. Enough of this crap!

I'm sensing kind of a negative attitude towards Apple and it's products. Why is that?

mkrishnan
Jul 21, 2004, 09:48 AM

*sympathies* Hope you're able to get a new one soon, if you decide you want to.

MoparShaha
Jul 21, 2004, 10:57 AM
I'm sensing kind of a negative attitude towards Apple and it's products. Why is that?It seems lately everything Apple releases is plagued by problems. The iPod mini, PowerBook 15", and G5 have all had problems.

King Cobra
Jul 21, 2004, 11:01 AM
I'm sensing kind of a negative attitude towards Apple and it's products.
I think he's expressing his disapproval of delays or disappointments (or a combination) in his expectations of Apple hardware updates, because he has given a date deadline in his signature as to when he will purchase his following portable computer. The "crap" part in his signature isn't specific, but I'm guessing it has something to do with Apple's processor speeds not being competitive enough to keep up with the current P4s and Xeons.

Back on topic: It helps to preorder your iPod sometimes. If it's been in an Apple Store, it's also probably been handled improperly by members of the store, or the delivery truck. Maybe you should order your second one online if you're afraid that the following delivery truck to the same Apple store will produce more of the same problems.

janey
Jul 21, 2004, 01:08 PM
usually iPod boxes arent handled by customers, the ones that are are purchased.

josh: *hug* i know how much you were looking forward to getting that iPod and how you called me ;) Guess you just had some bad luck :(

i think im going to wait until i hear more about any problems with the new iPod surface in the next week or two
*sigh*

themadchemist
Jul 22, 2004, 09:49 AM
You shall overcome...Think about it this way: At least it's life was a a few hours and not a few months. Same crappy ending, but at least the former gets your money back.