PDA

View Full Version : I did it...

ecche
Jul 21, 2004, 05:11 AM
I just ordered an all mod-cons 15'' PowerBook. Delivery date is around the end of the monnth - together with the iPod mini I ordered for my wife's birthday. First thing to check will be the SuperDrive, as I have had bad experience with both my iBook and my iMac TFT. The iBook came with a DOA combo-drive and had to be replaced altogether and the iMac had one of those early drives that would chew up CDs and refuse to let them out again. Please Apple, don't let me go through any of that again...

pcproff
Jul 21, 2004, 05:24 AM
Well dude I just got my Powerbook last week same config as you probably and I love it. I just started school and I am taking web design and I had to get a mac. But I have no problems with it besides the fact that the battery life is a little short and it tends to rock on perfectly flat surfaces. So check that issue out when you get it.

ecche
Jul 21, 2004, 05:58 AM
I just started school and I am taking web design and I had to get a mac.

When I remember my own school days I think all we had to bring along was an abacus and a clean shirt - and if someone had said they studied web-design everyone would have thought they were arachnoidologists or whatever you call those guys...

Macmaniac
Jul 21, 2004, 08:09 PM
I hope your wife's birthday is not soon, cause mini's are so rare right now, it may be a month or two. Congrats on the PB!