View Full Version : Huge Underground Facility on eBay

iGav
Jul 21, 2004, 09:52 AM
Now you too can be your own Dr Evil... :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2397218266&category=1607

NB: I noticed it doesn't come with a white fluffy cat though! heheh

krimson
Jul 21, 2004, 09:57 AM
There's was a 48 acre Titan site southwest of Denver, CO going for $2.8 million a few months ago, but I can't seem to find it now though.

michaelrjohnson
Jul 21, 2004, 10:04 AM
Wow... talk about something that nobody needs...

krimson
Jul 21, 2004, 10:27 AM
I dont know about that site, but the denver one was in a great location. the reason i knew about it, was my friends dad is a real estate venture capital invertor kinda guy and he wanted to build a resort on top. Use the silo facility as a wine storage area, underground pools, etc.. etc.. it would have been nice, but he calculated that it would have been at least 5 mill more just to rehabilitate the underground complex, install new electrical, plumbing etc. That would have been on top of the $32 mil for the hotel, permits, grounds work, another $5mill for the golf course, etc..

so if you kow someone with an extra $10 mill to invest, ill pass his number along :)

saabmp3
Jul 21, 2004, 10:48 AM
This one has been up on ebay 3 times now, I remember first reading about it on fark about 8 months ago.

BEN

MoparShaha
Jul 21, 2004, 10:54 AM
I wish that was my house. I'd have to become a supervillain.

Mr. Anderson
Jul 21, 2004, 12:02 PM
Time to play the lottery - that would be so friggen cool :D

D

kgarner
Jul 21, 2004, 12:05 PM
So cool, and he says you can use one of the silos as a 100' diving tank. Or, you could use it to keep your sharks with frickin' laser guns on their heads! :D

krimson
Jul 21, 2004, 12:14 PM
found a bunch of them missilebases.com (http://www.missilebases.com/properties/)
and they're cheaper.

jsw
Jul 21, 2004, 12:14 PM
Its a scam, I tell you. It used to be HugeUndergroundFacilityWhiz.com, now it's HugeUndergroundFacilityFanaticShop.com.

Seems like every day, someone's taken in by this. You send in your $4M - always by check or wired - and yet the keys never arrive.

It's an underground facility, somewhere in central Washington state. The last one I "bought" turned out to be an empty lot, and the guy "forgot" where the "secret door" was. Convenient.

Hemingray
Jul 21, 2004, 12:37 PM
Its a scam, I tell you. It used to be HugeUndergroundFacilityWhiz.com, now it's HugeUndergroundFacilityFanaticShop.com.

Seems like every day, someone's taken in by this. You send in your $4M - always by check or wired - and yet the keys never arrive.

It's an underground facility, somewhere in central Washington state. The last one I "bought" turned out to be an empty lot, and the guy "forgot" where the "secret door" was. Convenient.

Heh... heheh.... :D Good one!

Seriously, how awesome would it be to have a friggin' missile base as your home?! You'd have to be a major recluse though... but still, if I was a multi-multi millionaire I'd probably buy it just for fun.

stevehaslip
Jul 21, 2004, 01:07 PM
lol!

"welcome to my underground layer!!"

it would be awesome for paintballing or just goofing around in!

it'd be like goldeneye on the 64 but for real!!!! :D I would just constantly be running around making gun noises!!! raatatataatattatatat!!!! MAN DOWN!!!! :D erm act cool:cool:

mymemory
Jul 21, 2004, 01:32 PM
Just imagine... a hard core resort:
1. A torture chamber for masoquism.
2. A dance floor for a underground rave party.
3. A pool to swim naked with all the girls.
4. A room full of .... (I beter stop here) :cool:

But I would charge $1000 a night per guest.

RugoseCone
Jul 21, 2004, 03:04 PM
There's a film from the Director of American Movie called Home Movies. It's five or six vignettes of people with crazy homes and one of them is a hippy couple that live in an old missile silo.

Sadly they're not the strangest (or creepiest) of the bunch.

Overall a very entertaining look into the lives of people with strange domiciles.

wPod
Jul 21, 2004, 04:54 PM
woo hoo i know what im doing when i win the lotto!!! (er wait. . maybe i should start playing it first. . . but anyway. . . ) im going to buy so many xserve G5s that i will have the fastest computer in the world (just for fun) and then put them all in the new missle silo i buy to keep them at a cool 55degrees. . .... wow the fun things i could do with my own missle silo and underground complex!

MongoTheGeek
Jul 21, 2004, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I've wanted one of these too, ever since I heard about them in the 80s.

Thats just the troglodyte in me though.

Apple Hobo
Jul 21, 2004, 10:01 PM
All joking aside, I'd love to have a missile silo to live in. I don't know if I'd live in it all year, but it would be nice to have one if you want to "get away" from the world and have some time to yourself. :cool:

There's also a school somewhere in the U.S. in a converted silo.