PDA

View Full Version : Cakewalk Sonar 8 Garbled in Bootcamp XP SP2

pianodwo
Oct 23, 2009, 07:49 AM
I am new to the macworld as of July 2008 and i'm having problems with Sonar 8 in bootcamp using XP SP2 or SP3. The sound is so garbled that it isn't even funny! I have installed all the updates but its still garbled. I have a Presonus Firestudio Project hooked up to the imac/intel (3.06 Ghz with 4 gigs ram) via a firewire 800 raid. This set up works great in mac mode with Logic 9but I can't seem to get it to work in bootcamp XP. XP shows the device is working properly but Sonar does't recongnize it. Project 5 Version 2 works great in XP mode with no problem except it doesn't recognize the Firestudio either. Does anyone have any viable suggestions on how to get XP and Presonus together? I've used Sonar 8 for a long time and have some midi and audio files I'd like to convert so I can use them in Logic.

Thanks!

ChrisA
Oct 23, 2009, 07:30 PM
I am new to the macworld as of July 2008 and i'm having problems with Sonar 8 in bootcamp using XP SP2 or SP3.

What you've got is a Windows problem. If you are running this in Boot Camp then all the Apple software is completely out of the picture.

The thing to check is to try audio with other programs that are simpler. See if the problem is just Sonar or a Windows OS level issue.