PDA

View Full Version : September 25th

greatm31
Jul 21, 2004, 12:41 PM
Hiya. I'm going off to college some time in September and I'm going to need a laptop. I really like the Cram and Jam deal, because it means I can get a 20GB iPod for just $70, which is a pretty sweet deal. That deal ends on the 25th, which will probably be a day of big announcements. Thing is, I want to be able to game pretty well on my computer, and I hear the Powerbook 15" is pretty good for that, but nothing special. So here's my question: is there a chance of a further upgraded Powerbook coming out on September 25th? I'd sacrifice an iPod for an even sweeter laptop if it'll be available. I know no one really knows for sure, but what do you think?

JOD8FY
Jul 21, 2004, 01:48 PM
I highly doubt there will be new PB's by September 25. Go for the Cram and Jam promo now. The 15" PB should handle most games very nicely with 128MB of VRAM and a good amount of RAM.

JOD8FY

HardHatMac9
Jul 21, 2004, 02:34 PM
Thing is, I want to be able to game pretty well on my computer,

Games will ruin your freshman year of college. Get a laptop to use for classes...etc. Get out and meet as many people as you can.

Advice from a been there done that person. FIFA 98 Nearly caused me to fail a couple finals the last quarter of my freshman year. Still, one of the best years of my life.

GOOD LUCK!