Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinampForever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
Hello,
I have an ipod touch 1G and iTunes 9.0.1 version on a windows XP (I know it's the mac forums but hey..). It's an impossible task for me to find the "enable disk use" option. There is no such option in my summary menu. I can't find the settings tab. I click on the ipod icon and there's no settings tab to see. I clicked every milimeter on the iTunes menu, every single option and I can't find a settings tab or an enable disk use option. Please help me before I go insane. I have attached a screen shot of how my iTunes windows looks. Thank you.

Attachments

• itunes.JPG
    itunes.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 358

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Apple, in its infinite wisdom, decided not to support disk use on the Touch. I believe that there are a couple of free apps that provide similar functionality though.

WinampForever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
Oh man that' so twisted and wrong and morbid of them ! Just when I was so close to saying sayonara to iTunes - which has been an endless source of frustrations ever since I started using it..or better said having been forced to use it by apple's policy. Well..thanks for your help..I'm going to check those apps straight away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.