Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
Hello everyone, here is my story:

I purchased a 20 GB 3G iPod from John Lewis two months ago. I got it for £230 as opposed to £300 as it was in the clearance section as someone had returned it to the store without the dock. I was assured by John Lewis that the iPod had been fully tested. However, I disagree with this analysis as I have had many problems with it. Also, I have recently noticed: the iPod and iPod box serial numbers do not match, and they should. I feel like I have been completely lied to and cheated, and I want my money back. I still have the receipt, and I'm taking it to John Lewis tomorrow to try and get my money back, but I don't know if I will be successful.

Can anyone shed some insight to this situation for me? I just feel so cheated as I went out and bought the iPod the day after my birthday (I saved up all the money from my birthday) and I expect to get a proper product.

Do you think it will be likely for my money to be replaced?

I emailed John Lewis and the sales assistant said to bring it into the shop however they can't 'authorise any exchanges via email' but 'However
if you bring the iPod into the store with your receipt the department will
have a look at it for you.'

What do you people think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.