Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Fortnightly Challenge - Oct 9 thru Oct 22

Challenge topic: eerie

The challenge will run from right now until : 11:59PM Nov 5

Rules
1. Photos should be your own work.
2. Produced within the challenge period if possible.
3. All positive feedback and criticism is encouraged and welcome if you posted or not.
4. There is no real limit to the number of photos you may enter.

Challenge topics:

1. Suggestions for the bi-weekly's challenge are made in a single thread which will be set up the week before.

Lets have fun!!!

bootedbear

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2004
Austin, TX
Smile

IMG_4784.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Very cool. (Or is it very ghoul?)

This looks like a fresnel lens. What it the subject?

looks like CD-ROMs shot through some Venetian blinds to me

And the winner is....Ruahrc!!!

This is the window in my old graphic design lab. The instructor put CDs that his students destroyed on the window sill. With the blinds open it illuminated the ceiling and walls with rainbows. My point and shoot couldn't make up it's mind as to focal point and I couldn't get what I wanted. I should take my XSi over and re-do this.

Dale

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
She has dementia but still calls my son over for a hug and a kiss. He wipes a tear from her eye when she needs it - he is 3 years old she is 93. Their bond is eerie.

Attachments

• Anneanne.jpg
    Anneanne.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 94

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
She has dementia but still calls my son over for a hug and a kiss. He wipes a tear from her eye when she needs it - he is 3 years old she is 93. Their bond is eerie.

Another outstanding image, and such a beautiful and tender story. Eerie - perhaps. More than that, they are both very fortunate.

eerie sunset

This is one of the coolest images I've seen on any of these photography fora (which is the proper plural of "forum").

Let's see... A glass block window? My brain?
Dale

One of great your mineral pictures - but which mineral. Sadly I'm not a rockologist. My guess without further info is DIORITE.

No & no. Last winter I was sitting at my desk (which looks out on my patio) and was looking at the snow that had collected the grill. The snow was pristine with a very light blue cast and it had formed these really interesting ripples. This is one of those pictures. For my submission, I adjusted the shadows and highlights, and added a lot of contrast. This image is the original.

Attachments

• DSC_5009-1300.jpg
    DSC_5009-1300.jpg
    913.6 KB · Views: 66

CK Williams

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Las Vegas
Nice night time shot bootedbear. The combination of color and shadow works very well. I almost wish the top of the skeleton standing next to the pumpkin was showing, but it looks like it would be in the bushes.

Cool effect Designer Dale. I'll have to try that sometime.

I never would have guessed snow deep diver, but then being from the south I don't get to see much of it. Nice image and fitting for the topic. Thanks for the comment also.

Great portrait Chappers and the story behind the image is great also. On a side note, do you ever take a bad photo? Thanks for the comment.

As for the sunset, that was the only cloud in the sky and it just hovered over the mountain. It almost sent the UFO hunters into a fury looking for a ship hiding inside.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
I was just goofing with one of my kids. No, this is not a mineral.
All clever stuff and I like this one but you confused me (not difficult) with that snow. Nice tongue.

Great portrait Chappers and the story behind the image is great also. On a side note, do you ever take a bad photo? Thanks for the comment.

As for the sunset, that was the only cloud in the sky and it just hovered over the mountain. It almost sent the UFO hunters into a fury looking for a ship hiding inside.
Thanks for the comment - I take bad ones but generally I try to take as many photos as possible of something from different angles adjusting the settings on my camera as I go and then I usually find a photo that satisfies what I was looking for in the first place.

i promise i was not creeping outside someone's house.
Very eerie - I would probably crop it a little and possibly straighten too (just a little) and the orange light - to keep it or not?
Nice shot.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Walt Disney World
Magic Kingdom
Haunted Mansion

I again would tweak a photo - straighten, adjust hightlights and saturation a little. Nice and eerie me thinks. You may not want to adjust the highlights as much as I have - but I'm just showing there is a bit more there. :)

Attachments

• 3508596905_8a17f336a9_o.jpg
    3508596905_8a17f336a9_o.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 69

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Hopefully Cambridge UK looks eerie in the morning mist.

Attachments

• 2782639321_324a0ccb6b_b.jpg
    2782639321_324a0ccb6b_b.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 74

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Nice tongue.

Half of a lip run amuck in PhotoShop?? Dale

Tongue it is. I just cropped this and made a negative image. This is the youngest kid - the one that hates to have his picture taken.

I think it would be fun to have a challenge that is something like "deception" in which we have to figure out what the subject of image is. If we did this, there would be a lot of PP going on. Sorry Chappers. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hopefully Cambridge UK looks eerie in the morning mist.

Definitely. I'm getting a Sherlock Holmes movie kind of feel. Well done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.