PDA

View Full Version : Audio level problem in Imovie??

tozol
Oct 24, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hi guys,

I'm a regular podcaster, who has been using My PC until this week and my nice new first ever macbook, was hopefully in time is going to be my main place of doing all my work.

I have my first slight problem, that is driving me mad.
I have recorded video review mini show, and at the end when the chat stops, I have a credits running.

I want to raise the audio from the point we stop talking, so the music that was low before, can now be raised up to close the show.
However I have tried everything to see if this is possible.

I'm I sat here wasting my time even trying, or should I be using something other than "imovie"?

thanks

deej999
Oct 24, 2009, 05:56 PM
Garageband is much better for working with audio than iMovie. You can import your video podcast into Garagaband to work on music, audio levels and effects.

If you are interested I posted a link to a good place to get tutorials with a 7 day free online offer in this thread -
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=808373

I saw the GB 101 and iMovie 101 tutorials and think they are very good and well organized.

deej

Mattaut
Oct 26, 2009, 08:29 AM
You can export your movie to Garageband and then re-import just the audio. To do this-
1. In imovie go under the Share menu and select Media Browser... This will make your movie available to import in GB.
2. In GB make a new project and bring up the media browser(the button next to the "i" button on the right side of the bar in the middle). Click the Movies tab, pick your movie, and drag it into GB.
3. Do whatever fades and edits you want to do.
4. Now to make it available back in imovie you have to save & quit and when it asks you if you want to share in the ilife browser or whatever it's called click yes.
5. Go back to imovie and click on the media tab there(the music note on the right side of the middle bar). Find garageband in the drop down menu and drag your project onto the movie.
6. Mute the audio levels of all the original movie tracks since the sound is coming from the audio you just imported.

Hope this works well for you.