Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kicker6820

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
i have a new model mbp 15". i installed windows 7 64 bit on it and checked my osx install disc and it doesn't have nvidia drivers for windows 7 64 on it. can i get these off nvidia's website?? i was wondering cause my macbook has the two different display chips, the 9400 and 9600 i believe. can some one help me on this one?

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
i have a new model mbp 15". i installed windows 7 64 bit on it and checked my osx install disc and it doesn't have nvidia drivers for windows 7 64 on it. can i get these off nvidia's website?? i was wondering cause my macbook has the two different display chips, the 9400 and 9600 i believe. can some one help me on this one?

Did you install the Boot Camp drivers from the Snow Leopard DVD? And yes, you can get a driver from nvidia (which is recommended, because they'll be newer), but you still need to install the B.C. drivers for the rest of your hardware to work properly.

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
go into the mac osx install disc and you will find a drivers folder, install the correct nvidia drivers then, you will see your component score for graphics go from 1 to around 5~

kicker6820

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
yea i went in the disc and installed the 64 bit vista drivers and everything runs good on it now. i put left 4 dead on to see what it could handle. it runs it pretty good.

alex812s

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
link please

hey could someone post a link from the nvidia website for the windows 7 drivers? im having trouble finding it. thanks

Terminal.app

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
hey could someone post a link from the nvidia website for the windows 7 drivers? im having trouble finding it. thanks

Link to NVIDIA drivers

These are the ones I used on my Win7 x64 install. With Apple's default graphics drivers, the Windows Experience Index graphics subscore was 5.3, but after I installed the NVIDIA drivers and re-ran the assessment, it jumped up to 6.4. :)

alex812s

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
well i tried using the one that u posted a link for, but it said it wasn't compatible. Then i tried the 32bit one and it said no driver existted for my setup.

any suggestions?

Tobler51

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
Link to NVIDIA drivers

These are the ones I used on my Win7 x64 install. With Apple's default graphics drivers, the Windows Experience Index graphics subscore was 5.3, but after I installed the NVIDIA drivers and re-ran the assessment, it jumped up to 6.4. :)

does 186.81 work without any bluescreens? did you play for a longer period (1 hour ?)

valvehead

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
USA
does 186.81 work without any bluescreens? did you play for a longer period (1 hour ?)

I've been using 186.81 since it was released with no problems. I don't play games, but I often play 1080p and 720p videos while my MBP is connected to my TV. The fans only speed up a little.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I've been using 186.81 since it was released with no problems. I don't play games, but I often play 1080p and 720p videos while my MBP is connected to my TV. The fans only speed up a little.

Omg how did you install it? I just found it today and I cant install it! its driving me mental. I get a "The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup" message....

its really irratating me... I have never been able to update from the stock driver supplied on the snow leopard disc -_-

tcrown

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2008
I'm having the same issue and it seems like it effects only the newer systems. My old Macbook Pro from Oct 2008 had no problems with Windows 7 and the Boot Camp Drivers or the drivers off the nvidia site but my new system just got today wont install the nvidia drivers off the Snow CD or off the nvidia site.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Follow that tut i linked too, it will solve your problem I think.

BTW guys have you notised after installing the latest driver it makes your display adapter detail as a 9500 GS? weird.... or atleast it has on mine

It should be a 9600M but after installing those latest drivers when i check the details of the display its named a 9500... -_-

rdeezy2486

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2009
is there a version of that graphics driver for 32-bit windows 7 ultimate because i cant seem to get my screen savers to work on my 13-inch macbook pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.