Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Recently I restored and updated my 1st gen ipod touch from 3.1.0 to 3.1.2 . After the update/restore I have had two issues. Firstly my recently added playlist on my ipod is not actually my recently added songs rather it just a whole heap of random songs. Secondly double clicking the home button does not bring up the iPod controls when music is NOT playing, it will only bring them up when music is playing. It seems that the option to do this in the settings has disappeared. Did they remove this feature in 3.1.2? ANy help with the above two issues would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

jbtb28

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
iPod Touch 3.1.2 Playlist and iPod Controls issues

i have this exact same problem except it's not just for my recently added playlist. i have random songs on all of my smart playlists on my ipod, even though they are correct in itunes. i even tried recreated these playlists with the same settings and the same random songs showed up on my ipod. i went to an apple store and asked people there and they said they had never heard of this problem. after looking around online it seems it is just a software defect and hopefully we'll be fixed in the next update. other than that i have no idea what to do.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
if you add the following rule to your smart playlists they should work like they did before 3.1.x

Playlist - is - Music

then sync. this works with Recently Added and Recently Played (the only playlists i've tested it on)

DAP001

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
i have a 2 gen itouch and i have jailbroken it and i have a output cord so i could watch mobile theater but it only does sound not video??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.